9 Spoke rims

smo

TDi Power
Reaction score
Are there any good suppliers of new or second hand 17" 9 spoke rims, preferrably genuine audi ones for my A3 TDi?

Also what offset, and PCD do i need?

By 9 spoke rims i assume your after the RSTT's that were an option on the S3 and came fitted to TT's and the TDI quattros - if so the PCD is 5 x 100. and the tyres should be 225/45/R17's

you can get reps from rochford tyres fairly reasonably or give ebay a go.

If your after proper audi alloys be careful as the RS4's which look similar will have a different PCD for the A4/S4/RS4's (5 x 112) so won't fit your A3.

Mike

RSTT's are 18" 225/40/18 ET33 5x100, if you particularly want a 17" version I believe they did one for the A2 which is very similar, you'd have to check the PCD which I think is the same as well as offset.

New 18's rochford is probably the cheapest at around £1100 for a complete set inc tyres (originals), although there are various company offers from time to time on mkiv forums for around 900-1000. Ebay/for sale forums usually have pairs for sale at around 300-500 mark.

I'm only really after 17"s and certainly dont have £1100 to throw at it!

Budget is probably £300+tyres ish

The A2 is 5 x 100 PCD and 57.1 Bore IIRC, which is the same as the A3. The only thing I'm not sure about is the offset on the A2 vs the A3. OEM A2 wheels were 40 to 50 offset, and the A3 anywhere from 30 to 45 depending on model etc. (All this info on the Rochford Tyres website by the way.)

IIRC, the higher the offset number, the further in the arches the wheel will sit. So, at worst, you might need some spacers to fill the arches properly on an A3.

Best ask the seller though, there's still time!!

Seller doesnt know so i'll chance it i think!

NO :(

Missed them by a tiny ammount because i got sidetracked 2 mins before the end of the auction, really peed off too as they went for a song i rekon for genuine Audi wheels.

so, still looking.....