Strange power delivery in my S3

Lord Vader

Reaction score
New to Audi after years of Fords.
The car seams have a mind of its own but this could be normal, If you floor it through the gears up to around 7000rpm in each gear you get a change in engine sound and power around 4-5000 rpm in 1st and 2nd.
My problem is that it sometimes does it in 3rd but not always, it also has its moments when the turbo don't seam to spin up and can feel quite laggy.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?
Cheers
Jason

A knackered MAF sensor did that to mine, you get the VTEC effect right?, like the power comes in 2 stages?? Give it another month, it will just splutter through the whole rev range.

Yep ;)

Change the DV & Maf

I had the same on mine and changed both and it runs so much better :)

Spot on with the v-tec effect, I have changed the dv for a baileys one.
I shall now look at the maf, oh and it has sputtered a few times , is the maf expensive?

Is there any point trying to clean it as it looks pretty clean in there(the wires).
I just spoke to German and Swedish as they are 5 minutes away and they have bosch ones in stock at £59 +vat and exchange, is this a good price? cheers

yeh usually around the £65-£70 inc vat with an exchange for ur old one. GSF are probably the cheapest

Lord Vader said:
Is there any point trying to clean it as it looks pretty clean in there(the wires).
I just spoke to German and Swedish as they are 5 minutes away and they have bosch ones in stock at £59 +vat and exchange, is this a good price? cheers

Yes that's a good price ;)

Mine was £91 inc vat :whistle2: