Stereo Options?

smo

TDi Power
Reaction score
I got my A3 TDi 130 (2003) yesterday, and i have an urgent problem that needs solving, its only got a tape player :keule:

So, from the audi Concert? tape player, what are my options for upgrade, i need CD be it single or multi-disc.

Can i have in dash, or does it have to be boot mounted??

Grab an OEM changer off ebay (they go for about £80), but check you have the cable in the lefthand cubbyhole first. It'll be clipped to the bodywork at the back (towards the front of the car) past the rear seatbelt reel.
Only other option is to swap HU's for a Concert2, but this can be tricky as certain models won't fit i.e. it needs to be one from an A3 or TT IIRC. And you'll need the security code and hope it hasn't got the dreaded volume problem.

Rear cubby hole as in the "pocket" in the boot? I think mines got some form of sub type thing in it :(

Can i not fit a dash mounted 6 disc changer like i had in my passat?

Do you have an iPOD? Might be worth going straight for a Dension or similar setup which costs similar to a changer.

Nope, no ipod.

I'd like to keep ti "genuine" if possible rather than an aftermarket HU which will look out of place too :)