Speed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyS3

Reaction score
You lot seem to slate my car saying it aint as fast as an s3 well let me tell you a little story chased my mate last night he cant beat me at all mines fast on motorway i can get 150mph on the flat and i did 160 downhill i mean come on thats quick!!!

mate im a ***** for doing it but u lot seem to think s3's are soo fast i gotta prove a point sometime soon!!! come on give me some respect 150 on the flat for a diesel!!!

At the end of the day it does 130mph on paper standard so it will do slightly more in the real world, i have an extra 50bhp and like twice the torque, all i have gained is 15 mph top end with all that extra power and torque. You may all believe what you like but if there is anyone on here with a standard A3 1.9tdi i suggest you go to and get it remapped and prove some of this lot wrong.

That is all....

BTW booth_S3 you have never maxxed your car out?? I dont believe it.

marka3130 said:
BTW booth_S3 you have never maxxed your car out?? I dont believe it.

It's not about wether we have taken our cars to the Max bud, but to bragg about it, and provide photographic evidence is a bit silly really.

I believe ya! Just i think your being a little over enthusiastic, but for sure a remapped diesel are certainly pretty quick and if i can accelerate as quick as a WRX300 then that'll do me fine! so im sure that a standard S3 would have big trouble trying to pull away! A remapped S3 may be a different story ;) Joe you up for a challenge lol

You do realise that your speedo is prob 15-20mph out at that speed. i.e u were probably doing 130, still a bit stupid on a uk motorway, i might also suggest that you remove your picture as i happen to know a few policemen that visit this forum.

I second that. Do a GPS run and you'll see how far out they get the faster you go. Even at 60/70 your speedo is a few mph out, so at "that" speed you'll be way out.

Rich

Definately, according to my sat nav when my car indicates 120 its actually travelling at 107mph. and indicating 70 is actually about 67.

Strange my speedo and gps are not that far out at 120mph on speedo the gps reads 112.
Mind you I have changed my wheels to 18" from 17" so guess that must have made some difference.

as for oil burners:o.k: there ok....

JUST NOT EVEYONES CUP OF TEA :eyebrows:

It probably varies by car, i think theres a 10% tolerance level, so mine is probably more out than it should be but i guess tbe 18" wheels could be making the difference there

My S3 showed 159mph speedo and 150gps. took forever to get to 150gps, was stuck at 149 for ages!
This was all fully legal on a derestricted autobahn when I was in German a few weeks back.
You're showing 145mph there, speedo, which is proabably only 135-138 on a gps. About what you'd expect from 180hp diesel.
You are a total twonk to do it and post it on here! Best hope Barryboys dont get hold of it!! They'll mince you up good!

marka3130 said:
You lot seem to slate my car saying it aint as fast as an s3 well let me tell you a little story chased my mate last night he cant beat me at all mines fast on motorway i can get 150mph on the flat and i did 160 downhill i mean come on thats quick!!!

chase me chase me:rolleyes:

The lengths some people will go to. This is an internet forum where differences of opinion are part of the deal. You seem to have got really wound up about that last post of yours, to the extent that you risk your life, that of your passengers (please tell me you didn't take that photo yourself ... you did didn't you?!) and other road users to make yourself feel better.

I think you have an inferiority complex about your car not being an S3.

You are a silly little boy. I can't think of any reason why anyone here should respect you.

marka3130 said:

wow.. your my hero

marka3130 said:

:no: You're like a dyslexic midget - not big and not clever LOL!

As someone else said, I'd remove your pic quicktime, else there'll be a knock on your door from the feds!

lol why would i want to remove it how can they link my reg to them clocks plus they have no evidence!! lol

So you are saying you are a sad liar then, that is not a picture of you driving your car at an indicated 145mph, then!! ?

Very sad indeed young man!

The fact that you wrote, this was me doing 150mph in my car, here's a photo is plenty for the police matey.

I dont really give to ***** whether you keep or remove it but it would be far more clever to be careful.

Then again if you were clever you wouldnt drive at an indicated 150 and take a photo with your camera phone at the same time.

:keule:
rodenal said:
The fact that you wrote, this was me doing 150mph in my car, here's a photo is plenty for the police matey.

I dont really give to ***** whether you keep or remove it but it would be far more clever to be careful.

Then again if you were clever you wouldnt drive at an indicated 150 and take a photo with your camera phone at the same time.

Exactly!

We did all this a little while ago in another thread:

"From Audi Driver Mag
TDi 110, 27.5mph/1000rpm in top
TDi 130 Q, 30.8 mph/1000rpm in top....

Quoted top speed for these are 121/126 mph"

So 4k rpm = 4x30.8 = 123.2mph

There was a suggestion that a Front wd 130Tdi final ratio was "approx" 35mph/1000 rpm

So 4 x 35 = 140 mph...

Take your pick...

And well done for the photo. Good quality at that speed with one hand on the wheel....

the police cant do anything for the face they didnt see me doing it so i could say was off the road and they gotta prove it was my car and me driving aint going to happen!!! LOL

Jesus im 18 and even i think this thread is ridiculous theres no way your diesel does 150+ Mph it just aint gonna happen get in the real world!

My 1.8T on the SPEEDO said 150 when i had 1 flat run, i didnt go posting pictures look how good i am etc. But i know for a fact the 150 i saw on my SPEEDO wasnt a true reading,

And as regards the Mapped TDI being quicker than an S3 thats just nonsense perhaps from a standstill maybe the diesel would have a chance with the extra torque etc but it'll soon run out of puff and get eaten by the S3.

Get in the real world stop dreaming!

J

mate you know **** 2 of my mates av um and upto about 120 mines as fast then the extra power helps the top end!!! Listen is there any s3 or 1.8t owners in the south west that want to meet tonight i will end this once and for all??

you usually have so much confidence in beating me when your next in the area give me a shout and get used to the front end of a blue diesel stuck to your bumper

marka3130 said:
you usually have so much confidence in beating me when your next in the area give me a shout 07865044277 and get used to the front end of a blue diesel stuck to your bumper

I tried really hard not to join in, but posting your mobile number?!?!? - wise move.

i have started being immature because you older lot seem to think your s3's are sooo quick and wont accept what im saying i wouldnt make it all theres no point!!

can i ask a question mark, what size wheels do you have on ur diesel?

ive still got the standard 16" t sport alloys on my car and ive got mine to do 142mph (legally ofcourse) and that was on a good day. im running at 180bhp at the moment with a few faults but if your wheels are bigger than standard this will give a dodgy read out on your speedo. i believe its about 6% correction to every inch bigger on the wheels or thereabouts.

for example: if your speedo says your doin 100mph with 16" wheels, with 18" wheels your really probly doing about 88mph.

marka3130 said:
you usually have so much confidence in beating me when your next in the area give me a shout and get used to the front end of a blue diesel stuck to your bumper

Who in their right mind is going to take their S3 [read: Pride and Joy] to race this f*ck1n ****** when he will most likely be attempting to do 240mph (it'll do it y'know...honest) non-handed down the wrong side of the road whilst leaning out of the window trying to take a picture of himself and his licence plate to 'prove' how amazing his car is.....

Mark - people like you give car enthusiasts a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.