RR day today, Weird torque figure!

KEF A3 20V T

Turbo's Rule
Reaction score
I went to a rally car tuning place near me called "Motor scope" today for a rr day. they have just got some new rollers put in and there was some impressive cars there!

i have a question regarding my graph, the car pulled 178.6 bhp @5951rpm with 189.3 lb/ft of torque @3061rpm. i thought it would of been a little highter than that but hey! hers a pic of the car on the rollers neway!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2612

my question is on the graph that i got printed out there is a dip in torque at around 3200, is this normal or is this a sign of a worn out turbo etc etc.. any comments greatly recieved!

Graph:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=2613

excuse the crap pic quality but you can see where im coming from with the dip. there were two runs done and it seems to have done this with both runs!

cheers mark

your car is increasing in power from start to the end of the graph that means that at the mo the turbo is blowing air

ok so the turbo shud be fine!
it seems to happen just after peak torque, is that n there is a little blip in the power curve! could it be summin to do with the boost controller?

Now then Kef... could it actually be the MAF is maybee on its way out?

Just a suggestion.

Alrite e. i think its fine! i mean you cannot feel anything when youir driving i mite plug Vag com in n just log it see if its a smooth curve tho!!!

ne other suuggestions anyone!!??

mate your graph looks fine, u might have a slight leak on a pipe to cause that tiny dip.

if you want to see a bad graph, ill put a post of my graph up later :D

its all over the place, big split pipe and i think MAF

who did the remap? (if any)

AmD mapped it back in 2004 i believe! if it was a n air leak i would assume the graoh would still be exponential but just down on power! i was thinking it could be the n-75 cutting boost for some reason!

possibly, but saying that, the split pipe on my car is causing the N249 to malfunction mechanically, so better check for splits or pipes come off first mate, its the cheapest and easiest method of first off checking!