Not a happy bunny.

markyp2002

Reaction score
Took my car into Midland VW today for a rolling road, and was horrified by general diagnosis and results.

First of all, some of you may have noticed me whinging about my idle speed a bit dodgy? well ive found out its my inlet manifold breather pipe split near the clip so ive been quote £50 all in to replace it (fairly big job apparently.

And this is the worst bit, when i bought the car (from a dealer) i was told the car had been remapped and was running 206 bhp, LYING *******:angrymod: ! The print out shows that with the fault on my car, its running at:

176.1bhp
201lb/ft torque

with the part fixed the guy at Midland VW reckons it will make 5hp difference at most.

squeaking on my front driver side is glazed brake pads (heavy braking from the previous owner) so due to have them removed and have the backs greased might make a difference.

but still, anyone know where i stand trading standards wise when a dealer sells me something under false pretences?

It depends, if the advert said the car was remapped then you may have a case.

Dont know why you're bothered about the £50 thats not alot.

Is your car a quattro or a 1.8T

ah no im not bothered about the £50, the pipes £24+vat so im gettin charged like £20 for labour, bargain really.

but yeah the advert stated remapped at 206bhp!

can you prove the car was purchased on that merit? have you got it in righting stating 206bhp?

Not sure the courts will do anything :crying: coz i bet the deal ant :sadlike:
he will im sure say O sorry mate you must have mis heard me........... bla bla bla......

been there before about 10 years ago may as well been taking the back end of cow:think:

sorry mate

well from what i can see of your profile, the car is just a standard 1.8T, and not a quattro, in which case, its 150bhp standard, so it HAS been remapped in some way to produce 180bhp....

many of the lesser known tunning companies offer cheaper remaps which add 30bhp to the 1.8T, so theres no reason it couldnt have been mapped, the scorpion exhaust certainly isnt going to give an extra 26bhp!

its probably just a fairly rubbish map..... 'proved' on incredibly optimistic rollers

If your car's a 1.8t 2wd then there wont be much you can do as said above it'll be remapped anyway, the dealer might not have had any way of telling to what level.

If its a quattro then you might have some kind of comeback

nope its just a 1.8T bit ****** off as i was blagged into buying it, but i guess im strapped, thats ****** car sales men for you!

it must have one of them gay remaps on it, carpark laptop crew job!

well, once ive got the car running normal, i think ill book it in for custom code remap with a few extra bits (2.5" downpipe etc) might be able to push it for 210-220bhp

If you are sold something under false pretences then speak to your local trading standards, or speak to the dealer quoting the sales of goods act 1974 and say that unless they refund you some money or make the claims true then you will speak to trading standards and a solicitor and see them in court.

You can now get a judgement in situations like this online without having to visit a court, speak to a solicitor don't just take it lying down, stand up for your rights.

mAte, first off, if the hose is just split adjacent to the clip, just cut the pipe off square behind the clip and then refit it only a clip length shorter. It will have enough to sure it.
As for the other issue, well, how accurate are Midlands rollers, amybe they are pessimistic? Its impossible to know if it is making proper power, if it has a fault anyway.
Get it sorted,then maybe find out the details of the remap. But many remappers dont use rollers anyway so its impossible to know what it was making when newly done...!?
Also, it could be that you have somethign liek a MAF problem, can easily gain 10-20hp if your maf is on its way out!!

I'd chop that hose back then have a nother go on the road and see if it helps. You may have a knacked DV also, worth uprating if running more boost.