Engine Version?

VeeDubDan

Reaction score
This is probably a very stupid question...but I'll ask it anyway lol! :lmfao:

Ignoring the age of the car, what is the easist way to physically tell which engine version is in the car (engine code). I ask this because I'm look for a facelift S3, which could potentially be either 210 or 225 if it's of a certain age.

Ta,
Dan

There is a sticker on the floor under the boot carpet.

That will tell you what engine it should have.

If you look at the cylinder head, the engine code should be stamped in the position shown in the picture:

It's a little easier to see with the engine cover off.

That will tell what engine the car most probably has.

its all a myth anyway facelift cars were no more powerful than pre facelift cars its just that audi did not want the s3 to look as powerful on paper as the tt.plus if your going to have it remapped they all map to about the same

mad max said:
its all a myth anyway facelift cars were no more powerful than pre facelift cars its just that audi did not want the s3 to look as powerful on paper as the tt.plus if your going to have it remapped they all map to about the same

Hmm, I'd have to disagree with that. My facelift AMK showed 212 bhp on the rollers at QST as standard. I agree that when chipped, they end up in the same ballpark (255 - 265 bhp depending upon program/supplier)