Just fitted a Remus Backbox

leecs3

thinking about stuff
Reaction score
And it doesn't sound a great deal different than standard. If anything its a little quieter but more refined due to the deeper note. Seems to get louder as it gets hot. Hmmm think i may have to invest in getting a middle section made and lose the small box after the CAT.

Is it mild steel or stainless? It should get louder once its coked up.

Remus is a German exhaust manufacturer and the noise restrictions in germany are very strict, to sell exhausts in Germany each product has to be TUV approved which means it goes through testing. German exhausts are not designed to be much louder than standard.
Just a quick bit of info

Randomjim said:
Is it mild steel or stainless? It should get louder once its coked up.

its stainless. Read that in europe the backbox i've fitted is a dealer option @ £414!! I'll post up pics tomorrow.

Jesus that would be a pricey backbox! Pics would be good, video clip would be better :)

Ahhh Remus. I had one years ago on my Honda Accord 2.2 4ws, and it sounded awesome. Solid build quality and lovely deep rumble. Yes the German ones do seem to very quiet. I have a Supersprint system on my S3 with a straight through centre section; and its still quiet! Sometimes i wish it was louder!!

Anyone want a PowerFlow system for an S3 or 1.8T quattro??

sorry its late, forgot about posting this. Heres a pic. Bare with me on the vid clip, car is still at Awesome having the diseased turbo replaced.

remus.jpg

Looks nice mate, I would definately recomend getting rid of the centre silencer, my new supersprint has a straight through centre section, its now slightly louder than standard with a nice deep exhaust tone.