problem with central locking

shufti

Reaction score
hi all

I know it's a different car but your A3 forum gets a lot more viewers so out to see if any of you guys can help me out....... it's still an audi only more like a bus!

the car in question is a 2000 a6 1.8t (avant)

I went to shut my boot earlier and for some reason it didn't close properly, the dash display reads that it is open. I went to open it and shut it again and I can't! I cannot overide it with the key.
The central locking now opens and closes all doors except the boot and for some strange reason also the passenger door! This was fine this morning and has to be related to the boot...... the passenger door I cannot even open from the inside!

I know it's a bit of a weird one but has anyone had any similar experiences or any suggestion?

thanks

check that the rear washer has not split inside and emptying the contents of your washer bottle over the boot lock.

I had this happen on my ibiza cupra, needed a new lock solenoid to fix it, around £12 i think.

it could be a split vacuum pipe possibly, ill have to check the piping diagrams but it could be a possible cause!

I do have vag com but to be honest I only know how to do a basic scan.

The passenger door has fixed itself for some unknown reason, I just can't get the boot open now, this obvioiusly effects the alarm which is a bit frustrating as the car is seeing the boot as open.
The boot moves about an inch. I'm assuming I need to open the boot to do any repair to it ie check latch or vacuum pipe?

ok mate if you go into the "select control module" on vagcom n then no "35. cent locks"
then "find faults" and see if there is any fault codes! it will tell you if the pipelork has birst.

if you get any faults post them on here n someone will know what they mean!

to get to the boot mechanism you mite have to climb through the rear seats!!

hope this helps kef

claudefrog said:
check that the rear washer has not split inside and emptying the contents of your washer bottle over the boot lock.

I had this happen on my ibiza cupra, needed a new lock solenoid to fix it, around £12 i think.

is this a common fault as this has happened to my car and i cant seem to be able to get the panel off to fix/repair.

any help appreciated

pretty weird. I done the vag com check and no faults on that control module.

i then done a complete car scan and 3 unrelated faults were found. i cleared the codes, scanned again and the same 3 codes come up. done another scan on 35 central locking and again no faults.

I'm scratching my head on this one.... I got a bit aggressive trying to close the boot properly and still nothing.

Can't open it or properly close it which is effecting the alarm!
I had a go at removing the interior panels but I can't do this without the boot open, very frustrating!

Any more thoughts anyone? thanks

You should be able to take away the top trim from inside the boot(trim on the boot itself) and unbolt the release mechanism. This will give you an open boot and allow you to access the full lock

i cant see how to release the trim, there is only 2 visable screws - one by the pull handle and the other behind the fold up warning triangle

i've taken them out and it hasn't released anything, i assume the a6 has screws that hold it in place on the sides also?

BTW, a 2000 A6 has electric locks, not the pneumatic type. I can't give you any hints on removing the panel... In fact if anyone can tell me how to get the back passenger door open without destroying the door card I would be most grateful. The CL is stuck in safe mode and no amount of button pressing, controller resetting and battery disconnecting will sort it...

Tony.

i spoke to audi about it and they suggested banging the door near the lock mechanism! i done so and hey presto the door unlocked on the remote.....

they said i was lucky as if it gets bad then the only way is to destroy the door panel

give it a try, you never know......