Questions from a newbie :D

flix

Reaction score
Alright guys,

I have recently got myself an Audi a3 1.8T Quattro(180)
and I wanted to get a spoiler on it and my local Audi dealer quoted me about £250 I think it was, it was £120 for the spoiler, does that sound right or do you know where I can get one done elsewhere in North London sides,

I was also wondering about doing something to the engine (not chipping) I was thinking about getting a new air intake, diff exauhst, filters, etc... just to give it a little extra performance.

btw. it has about 12000 miles on the clock...

Sorry if I sound absolutely stupid but yah got start somewhere

cheers guys

Cant help with the performance bits however I was quoted £107 + VAT for an S3 spoiler from Martyn @ Vagparts,

Apparently it has to be bonded to the rear boot lid, I would suggest ringing a few spray or body shops for pricing.

I don't think No More Nails will hold it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Better still, why not find a local Audi breaker and buy the part second hand. If you're lucky, u'l find one the same colour as your whip and save $$$ on the paint job. If you cant find one, pm me as ive go a couple links round here (although I know u north guys dont like to venture down South).
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i hope ur links aint gonna go out and nick it off another motor- just kidding!

[ QUOTE ]
viper said:

[/ QUOTE ] You dont have to pretend to be kidding bro, I know you meant that. I was referring to local AUDI breakers DUMMY! Its funny though how u non South-Londoners always seem to stereo type us South man yet you lot are always down here trying to buy your parts off the back of our lorries! Nah really, it aint that bad these days, you could go to sleep with your car wide open and be sure to come back and find it in one piece (and I mean ONE piece! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif) BTW what part of London are you from Viper?

[ QUOTE ]
J6ORDS said:
[ QUOTE ]
viper said:

[/ QUOTE ] You dont have to pretend to be kidding bro, I know you meant that. I was referring to local AUDI breakers DUMMY! Its funny though how u non South-Londoners always seem to stereo type us South man yet you lot are always down here trying to buy your parts off the back of our lorries! Nah really, it aint that bad these days, you could go to sleep with your car wide open and be sure to come back and find it in one piece (and I mean ONE piece! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif) BTW what part of London are you from Viper?

[/ QUOTE ]

In one piece when u find where the thieves dumped it?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Why dump it when you know the likes of Viper and Co will take any parts they can at knock dowm price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

i am from west london, near heathrow.

kool i been looking for audi breakers for a long time.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

where can I find a local audi broker J6ORDS?
I am absolutely clueless,
b
tw guys do you know what speakers fit in the back of my car... I have 5" Inifinity KAPPA 50.5cs in the front... just wondering if the back need 5" or 6".... it is a 3dr

6.5" speakers in the rear, but you can actually fit 8" in their. Either way you need to make a couple of MDF spacer rings, as the rear speakers are screwed on to 3 raised mounting posts, so you can't just bolt on to the panel itself. Cut out 2 12mm MDF rings of the required size, then use the original speaker to mark the 3 mounting post locations. Use an 8mm drill to drill out the holes, then you can use the original screws to bolt the spacer ring onto the rear panel. You can then bolt pretty much anything to the spacer ring, as there is loads of space behind the panels. Don't buy the Autoleads adapter, as it is useless, it leaves a 5mm gap all the way round the speaker/panel = no bass.

Thanx for that guys.... I got a autoleads adapter for the front and it does sound a bit hollow... do you reckon the MDF trick would be a good solution for the front?

A3 97-R 1.8T
How does the head unit look in your car?
I have 50.5 in the front but I am running it of the standard head unit... I think it is the concert dont know... but the car does have a little sub in the back as standard if that tells you anything...
I am thinking about getting the same speakers in the back as you reckon that would be a good way to go?... also will i need to change the head unit to run it all

the head unit is great although the adaptors are a bit pants as they don't fit flush.

you will also need an adapter cable which plugs in meening you don't have to cut any cables

The rears and sub run off the preouts to a seperate amp that pumps about 2 watts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I got a set of infinity kappa 652.5I (6.5" 17CM) brand new off ebay cheap and made up the adaptor rings.

I rekon you could fit an 8" 20cm in directly onto the mounting (infinity do a nice 8" reference 2 way)

the only problem is that the head unit pumps 60 watts to the front and not a lot to the rear.

the 3 solutions would be:

1) put loads of rear fade on to level it out.

2) run seperate speaker wires for the rear

3) buy an AndyMac stealth rear sub and proper amp, see thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=1,10,15,105,200,900,1000&Board=a3s3&Number=41333&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1

I am running with option 1 at the mo but will definatley upgrade to 3 very shortly.

ps. AndyMac can I get a discount for advertising? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

here are some terrible photos I have just taken:

3ADG0011.jpg

and

3ADG0012.jpg

Yeah I just read that thread.... oh man that is making me go wet..... I want it..... LOL
I already have the fade at R4 as the Infinities in the front are to loud.... The 8" reference... not to sure about the them want to keep it KAPPA all the way...

ANDYMAC...
If I bring my A3 1.8T Quattro (2001) To southhampton Do you reckon you could sort me out with a stelth sub, amp, and the installation and I will pay you well for it?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanx,
Fred

LOL I cant see it all really..... but does the head unit blend in nicely or what?

have you got the pic u used for the gif uncropped?

hows this?

206Picture_020small-med.JPG

I want the DAB unit and the Ericsson Advanced audi cable for my hands free.

this is like chinese whisper.

the guy ask bout spoiler and it turned into a ice post.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Hi Fred
Yeah no problem, it would be good to fit the CDA-9812RR at the same time, or beforehand, as the wiring will be easier on the Alpine unit (no f*cking about with the mickeymouse Audi looms), and we'll need to run power front to back for the amp, so may as well do the RCA's as well.

Also you've got non fading sub pre out on the Alpine unit, so much better control of the sub level. With the Concert HU you're running the sub of the rear "RCA's" so you have to get the gains on the amp set correctly between the rears & the sub and then live with it.

Neil, I'm sure we can sort something out, I'm flattered that I'm included on your "Mods I would like to do"

Andy
drop me private message so we can plan on when to do this mate... and what we are going to do...

Thanx a lot mate,
Fred