Problems with A3 Sunroofs

M44 DUB

Reaction score
Anyone else in the same boat as me? Mines opens and has a live of it's own. The dial to open it will still be sitting at off and the sunroof will open tilt and slide on it's own.

I have no idea why? Went to VW they didn't have a clue, not had a change to get over to Audi but i need to do something.

funily enough, in the last few months i have noticed mine just tilt open a few times, but on saturday i opened it, then lie u sed it just had a mind of its own, it was starting to close then open again etc, even when i took the key out. in the end it took me about ten minutes to get it closed so i could leave the car, then i was worrying all day that it was gonna open again but it didnt.
And i also have no clue why! so any help would be much appreciated!

josh

Not happened on mine but that sounds a bit like there may be water getting to the sunroof motor, maybe check its sealing properly when closed

sounds like water has got in somehow and is causing a short.. or it could be just the dial switch is nakerd

Yeah mine does this too, only when key is in ignition though.

Driving along, tilt up, down, up down wait a bit, then up again! WTF?!!

Looks funny when sat at junctions and sunroof's dancing and I'm not touching anything!! Lol

Would be curious to find out what it is!

mine spent about a month doing all this wierd stuff but now oddly, its working fine again! cant understand it but aint complaining!!! sorry for you lot who are still having problems.

josh