Ford Rs nut here!

Lord Vader

Reaction score
Evening guys and girls!! Thought id get your attention, I have owned and modified many Fords my last being an rs2000 4x4 that i turbo'd with very good results:whistle2: Now i have brought myself something with a bit more quailty and class, and wondered whats best for the S3 (1999 model) Bailey re-circ' or a forge one as Bailey is big in the ford world.
What would you have and why?
Thanks in advance:beerchug:

I have a Hyperboost - made by Milltek. No problems with mine, only been fitted a month or so. First thing to do is get it remapped. Money well spent and really its how the car should have come out of the factory

Lord Vader said:
Evening guys and girls!! Thought id get your attention, I have owned and modified many Fords my last being an rs2000 4x4 that i turbo'd with very good results:whistle2: Now i have brought myself something with a bit more quailty and class, and wondered whats best for the S3 (1999 model) Bailey re-circ' or a forge one as Bailey is big in the ford world.
What would you have and why?
Thanks in advance:beerchug:

They're all pretty much the same to be honest. Different tuners seem to go with different suppliers - Jabba do Bailey, AMD have the Hyperboost, and JBS, Star and most others have Forge.

The hybperboost valve seems to be a good price. I just think it has a silly name. :haha:

A Forge 007P is about £75 plus postage.

as chris said they all look the same & probably perform the same i have a Forge 007P

Cheers everyone, I think i'll stick with what i know and go for a Bailey one as no one has said anything bad about them.

I was on the phone to Revo the day after purchasing the car having a chat and a re-map is on the cards.

I have also been looking at intercoolers and can't believe how much they want for a kit £800:faint: So i will be looking at getting a cooler from the states for a few hundred dollars and making my own kit:icon_thumright:

mattyboy199 said:
as chris said they all look the same & probably perform the same i have a Forge 007P

No, they don't all perform the same...

Depending on where the o ring seals are on the 'plug' type (you know the ones...not the diaphagm type...I forget the correct phrase) they vary in how long they'll last at high boost/high heat applications without sticking.

I was rebuilding my Forge unit (006 I think) every month...whereas the AmD Viper was only every 6 months or so.

Maybe a good reason to avoid that type of DV...?

ob DV ? anything wrong with the 007 when would i need to rebuild ?