AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Ford Rs nut here!

Evening guys and girls!! Thought id get your attention, I have owned and modified many Fords my last being an rs2000 4x4 that i turbo'd with very good results Now i have brought myself something with a bit more quailty and class, and wondered whats best for the S3 (1999 model) Bailey re-circ' or a forge one as Bailey is big in the ford world.
    What would you have and why?
    Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    i have had both.. and no difference at all IMO

Aky
    Aky

Status
    I have a Hyperboost - made by Milltek. No problems with mine, only been fitted a month or so. First thing to do is get it remapped. Money well spent and really its how the car should have come out of the factory

1st Gear

Status

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vader
    Evening guys and girls!! Thought id get your attention, I have owned and modified many Fords my last being an rs2000 4x4 that i turbo'd with very good results Now i have brought myself something with a bit more quailty and class, and wondered whats best for the S3 (1999 model) Bailey re-circ' or a forge one as Bailey is big in the ford world.
    What would you have and why?
    Thanks in advance
    They're all pretty much the same to be honest. Different tuners seem to go with different suppliers - Jabba do Bailey, AMD have the Hyperboost, and JBS, Star and most others have Forge.

The hybperboost valve seems to be a good price. I just think it has a silly name.

A Forge 007P is about 75 plus postage.
    Last edited by ChriS3; 29th January 2007 at 23:53.
    [/sarcasm]

6th Gear

Status
    as chris said they all look the same & probably perform the same i have a Forge 007P
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Neutral

Status
    Cheers everyone, I think i'll stick with what i know and go for a Bailey one as no one has said anything bad about them.

I was on the phone to Revo the day after purchasing the car having a chat and a re-map is on the cards.

I have also been looking at intercoolers and can't believe how much they want for a kit 800 So i will be looking at getting a cooler from the states for a few hundred dollars and making my own kit
    Last edited by Lord Vader; 30th January 2007 at 10:19. Reason: spelling mistake

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199
    as chris said they all look the same & probably perform the same i have a Forge 007P

No, they don't all perform the same...

Depending on where the o ring seals are on the 'plug' type (you know the ones...not the diaphagm type...I forget the correct phrase) they vary in how long they'll last at high boost/high heat applications without sticking.

I was rebuilding my Forge unit (006 I think) every month...whereas the AmD Viper was only every 6 months or so.

Maybe a good reason to avoid that type of DV...?
    Last edited by Ess_Three; 30th January 2007 at 14:15.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

6th Gear

Status
    ob DV ? anything wrong with the 007 when would i need to rebuild ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199
    ob DV ?
    Typo...

anything wrong with the 007 when would i need to rebuild ?
    Not if it's working.
    The earlier Forge type used to stick and need stripping, cleaning and re-greasing.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.