People With Forge FMIC - Help Please

ash_s3

Reaction score
Fitted my FMIC on sunday as per the forge instructions, but when it came to put the bumper back on the fog lamps fouled the new pipe work and the bumper didnt seem to fit properly at all
realy couldnt figure out why so i managed to remove the fogs and squeezed the bumper back on but something definetly isnt right...

anyone else have any trouble with this? also what kind of performance increase did you notice? mine seems to pull like hell now in the higher gears / at speed
obviously no benefit on bottom end but top end seems to have alot more pull

Thanks

ash

Good chance you have the aluminium elbows on the wrong way.

It really won't make any difference to performance, other than cooing your inlet temps and allowing your car to advance the timing more on a hot day.

must be one of them 'in you head' performance increases then! lol
prety sure i had them on the right way around, tried them both ways and they hit both times

I have FMIC on mine(A3)..and i had a nightmare to get the bumper back on it.... ...
maybe you need to relocate the fog lights....
I on the other hand chopped (shock horror) the bumeper up..But i have no fog lights. and i custom built my pipe work (well i cut them to length)..
As for the power thing... I didnt notice any serious power gains.. infact i lost a little less pessure maybe 0.5-1 psi.... but now ive had it remaped i think its money very well spent and the power is smooth and constant....

yeh hoping to get the car remapped in the next few weeks
the bumper is suposed to go straight back on with no alterations at all!
looks ok but i use my fogs quite a bit living out in the country

might take it to a proper garage who know what theyre doing with it!