Wiring Diagram

djmotorsport

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.djmotorsport.com
In the past month, my S3 (2001) has started to intermittently show the brake pad warning symbol in the DIS. I’m looking for a wiring diagram of this part of the loom so I can trace the issue.

The battery is new (problem occurred before the battery was changed)

The brake pad sensor connector in the front lhs wheel arch has a loop back connector on it as the pads don’t have the requisite connector. It has been this way since I bought the car 14 months ago.

I think it’s probably a faulty connection somewhere between the loop back and the DIS but need the wiring diagram to check this theory out.

Anybody got one, or a better idea of what the problem could be?

Dave,

Haven't seen you around here for a while, hope the car's still running well. I assume you've tried the obvious and followed the cable up through the wheel arch? Have you tried to see if you can clear the fault with VAG-COM? Sorry, not much help on the wiring diag.

Chris

*Edit: Did you notice who was nominated for the best modified car in the AS.net end of year awards??

Chris,
Car's running great - not getting used too much at the mo as i'm working in the city centre and parking is very expensive.
I started to try tracing the cable from the wheel arch yesterday but my pal turned up with a broken kart which took priority :) And karts are also the reason I've been absent from here.

Don't know if VAG-Com would help as the fault comes and goes - If I can't get a schematic, I guess i'll poke around some more next weekend........

I think the award should go to Glen - It's all his good work!

DJ

Ok. I thought that would be a good start.
I can see why you need a circuit diagram. Tracing the cable could be a PITA.
Sorry I can't help, but have you got part number on that loop back connector. I've been meaning to source/make one of those for a while. That DIS warning gets on your nerves.

djmotorsport said:
Don't know if VAG-Com would help as the fault comes and goes - If I can't get a schematic, I guess i'll poke around some more next weekend........

I was actually wondering if it were possible to just switch the sensor off with VAG-COM. If your pads don't have the wear indicator you wouldn't really need it on.

*not a VAG-COM expert at all so I could be speaking out of my ****.