AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Glu Kru

Status

Clutch Adjusting Question

Hi, Just a quick question.

I have a A3 1.8T 1999 AGU. Its got about 65k on it.

The clutch bitting point seems very high and only bites just before the foot is lifted off the pedal. I would prefer it to be a bit lower down cause if you floor it in first from a standing start you get a lot of clutch slip until it grips and it stinks.

Someone said to me that the clutch is not driven by cable and didnt know how to adjust it.

Anyone out there with any ideas or the know how to adjust the bitting point?
    Brrrrrm Stcch...... The sound of that Turbo... Schwing!!! A3 1.8 Turbo 1999 Lowered 40mm, Rs418's, Sony Explod Cd, Vibe Component, RAM Cold Air Indutcion, Cat Back Remus Exhaust,Green Stuff Pads, A colour to die for.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I think you will find that the clutch is hydraulic hence not adjustable. Uses the same system that runs your brakes. Could be indication that your clutch is getting worn. As long as its not slipping dont worry too much.

3rd Gear

Status
    I thought the brakes and clutch were on the same hydraulic system? Maybe check the fluid levels?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaceCowboy
    I thought the brakes and clutch were on the same hydraulic system? Maybe check the fluid levels?

Gah! Teach me for not reading posts properly sorry.

1st Gear

Status
    I think the bite is very high on all of them mate. I've got a 1.6 and the clutch is the same as what you have described, spoke to a few people who have said the same thing. I think its just how the clutch is on the A3's. Dont worry!!!