what a waste...

paul_brad

Reaction score
if this is someone's on here, then I apologise, but here is a good example of how never to be able to sell your S3:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/126790.htm

Not even bringing the Cat D and ambitious price into it.

I've never seen a spoiler off a H reg XR2i fitted to an S3 before.......

Defratos said:
lol his number plate is stoned, I guess that explains it, and is it just me or does he have two different sets of wheels on each side?

You can choose which ones you want.

Car actually could be a decent buy for some1, u could go along with vag com see what exactly said abs fault is, offer him 7 grand.

Then go straight to the back of the car and rip that thing off it

Actually, I quite like the lower spoiler!! I do wonder what it may be hiding though!
Is it off a fiesta or just like them!? I think yhose wheels look pretty ok on a red car too.

Too pricey though by far!! Surely I am not the only one who quite likes the spoiler..............come on, dont be shy!! :)

you're def on your own son! I would laugh out loud if it really was off a fiesta, but alas, the fiesta is going to be too narrow a car for it to fit correctly.
And the wheels, in mu opinion, are perhaps the worst I've ever seen grace and S3

Looks like a Hoefle spoiler.

Wheels are RS6 ish, they look better being in the darker colour on the red car, would not look any kop on any other colour though.

It could eb a half tidy car with a nice repair and a potential bargain, but in answer to your thread question how to make it unsellable, I just think the wording of his advert is enough........! He hardly sound slike he even WANTS to sell it!! :)
I am sure I am not alone in quite liking the rear spoiler..........only one brave enough to admit it, maybe!! :) ;-)

its a spoiler????? ahhh

i thought it was an airbrake

I always think 'no time wasters' is such a pointless thing to put on an advert. As if /any/ buyer is going to actively want time wasters? And what if I went to see a car and, lets say, the service history was non-existant, would they give me a hard time for wanting to walk away? Would he get aggressive ? I'd rather just avoid the hassle.

MOst sellers who write it are themselves the biggest timewasters of all. I went to seea car about 50 miles away. Over the phone I asked if it had been modded, and specifically a remap. No he says, its fast enough.

Go to see it two days later......drive into his drive he comes out, looking behind himself all sheepish and before even saying hello, says er, actually it has been remapped....! WTF!! turns out his missus was in earshot when we spoke and she never knew he'd had it done! I'd decided not to buy it there and then, on principle! I asked why he had not bothered to call later, when she was out or when he was on his own, (i'd left contact details) and he said it was because he thought I would not come and see it.....!?!?

Pratt!!

anyway, i left it till the next week, he'd made the error of telling me he was on late shifts, so I rang his house, spoke to his very scary wife(!) and left her a message asking him to confirm who did the remap and was it the expensive £700 version, or the cheaper £550 software......!??!?! I reckoned as he's wasted half a day and cost me £20 in petrol, he deserved it! :)

The 19s on the red one look so much nicer than those? !!

Imagine spending £700 or whatever on some nice shiny alloys, putting them on, then going "aaaaah, errrrrrr, WHAT HAVE I DONE?" You'd admit defeat and go back to the Avus wouldn't you.....

Maybe he made the mistake of trading the Avus in to get the new ones????

No turning back then..!!

my god that black one is gorgeous!

aside from the rancid alloys, the interior is awesome. ive never seen the black/silver interior before.

and very few 8ls have the satnav do they, can it really be used as a tv?

i like it, whack some std wheels back on it and your off!

yeah, you don't seem to see too many of that colour combo interior. I suspect there's more of these than the all silver leather though. That's my impression from looking around anyway. I've not seen either in the flesh, but I certainly fancy them over the standard all black leather that 80% seem to have.

Prawn said:
can it really be used as a tv?

yes, but it needs a tuner. Otherwise it just needs an interface and you can use it to display what you want.

They are trying to save your retinas! Them wheels are so bad it could burn them out! :)