a3 quattro remap

a3 turbp

Reaction score
i had my a3 remapped yesterday at a place in bromsgrove called CHIPPEDUK highly recommended, my car is now running 240 bhp as a pose to the 180 bhp standard ive got to go back next week to let them know how its running and to have a rolling road with printout, i must say it does fly now.

i'd just like to thank everyone for their advice with the whole bleed valve thing and im glad i never fitted one now, money well spent i say!!!:rock:

Just out of interest how much did it cost you? I'm looking to get mine mapped soon. Do you know whether it was a custom map or a generic chip?

Thanks Chris

240bhp!!!
are you sure your car was running 180bhp before the remap. mine was only running 160 but still got 50bhp increase.
yeah defeinately agree with you about chipped uk. Great service

And why didnt you get a rolling road run with the remap

i did'nt get a rolling road printout cus whilst he was tuning it on the rollers it was pinking at 4500 but when he took it for a drive it was fine so they told me to drive it round for a week then they would book it back in for a rolling road

How much was it? AMD took my 1.8TQ from 172 to 202bhp! They couldn't locate any faults as to why it was so low. I wasn't that happy to be honest and have a little hesitation at 2500 revs which I think is down to remap.

AMD took mine to 234 from 189 (iirc) - was very satisfied with the pace of the car although the fuel economy plummeted

chipped uk also told me before my first rolling road run that it was possible to get it up 230+ but they also sed that my fuel econmy would seriously suffer. So i said i didnt want it that high if i was going to end up paying for in terms of fuel costs.

chipped uk said the rollers were reading accurately because of the haldex quattro system. It didnt allow for 100% accurate readings. So they expect mine to be more than 160bhp it said before and remap and more than the 212bhp it has stated after remap.

Ive also heard some people say that the inaccurate reading could also be due to where the intercooler is on the car and where the large fan (in chipped uk garage) is in comparison.

PLEASE CONTACT AUDI-SPORT.NET TO DISCUSS ADVERTISING

ak_quattro454 said:
chipped uk also told me before my first rolling road run that it was possible to get it up 230+ but they also sed that my fuel econmy would seriously suffer. So i said i didnt want it that high if i was going to end up paying for in terms of fuel costs.

chipped uk said the rollers were reading accurately because of the haldex quattro system. It didnt allow for 100% accurate readings. So they expect mine to be more than 160bhp it said before and remap and more than the 212bhp it has stated after remap.

Ive also heard some people say that the inaccurate reading could also be due to where the intercooler is on the car and where the large fan (in chipped uk garage) is in comparison.

yeah my car uses way more petrol now but its worth it think

thats ****** cheap actually.....

how do you think someone like chippedUK compares to REVO?

well i don't know anyone who as used revo but a mate of mine as got a AMD remap on his TT which is 265 bhp now and there aint much difference really, obviously its faster than my 240 but it aint any smoother or anything

To be honest havent driven any other remapped car, so i couldnt really compare. From what ive read on these kind of forums, the most popular names always come up like AMD, Revo, Custom Code etc.
But chipped uk is also very popular (more so in other forums).the likes of Revo etc are charging over £450 for their standard remaps.
This is why chipped uk is highly recommended because they are able to offer value for money and great service.
My map feels aggresive when i put my foot down and then really smooth if i am driving normally. Just the way i wanted it to be.​

ive spoken to chippedUK a fair bit via e-mails last night, and they do sound very impressive. i just dont know which way to go....

technically, by the time ive spent £50 on petrol to bromsgrove and back, and the remap at £300, thats £350, plus food for the day, its £365roughly....

revo dealer is 2 miles from my house, and £400, with the advantage of them being 5minutes away.

whats attracting me to chippedUK is the rolling road runs before and afterwards, so you will actually see a real gain. that said, the runs wont make any difference to anything, itll just give me two figures which can be easily assumed.

with chippedUK i will know how good it was before and after

with revo, i assume its making a standard 150, and assume its pushing ~195 afterwards....

just cant decide :S

I think assumption can be risky with power figures...
ak_quattro454 could have assumed that his TQ was 180bhp but was dyno'd at 160, but chippedUk did highlight some possible losses.
Better to get figures before and after imo. But if a revo dealer is only 2 miles away then you may have an advantage if you need some aftercare. very convenient.

The aftersales service is going to be a prblem for me. Im actually 100miles away from bromsgrove. But i did my research on them, plus i was actually dropping someone off to birmingham so it made more sense at that time. They also got dealers are located closer but didnt have rolling road.

If they didnt have a rolling road, i would be left thinking that my car had in excess of 225 bhp, which was what i was told the increase would be to from the 180bhp standard. This would mean that after going to an independant roller i would be very dissapointed with the much lower figures coming out, i may even start thinking that i didnt get moneys worth.

This is why rolling road runs are quite important to some people. provides an assurance/piece of mind especially for a remap newbie like me

i see where your comming from. its just the revo name is such a well known and respected one....

i think ill make a thread about it :p see what everyones opinion is.

I had my quattro turbo remapped by chipped UK about 4 months ago and Ive been very happy with it it so far. I'm lucky since my local dealer is only 10 minutes away (in ellesmere port).

I didnt bother with the rolling road but the car feels a lot quicker, responsive and smoother.

The guy who mapped it estimated the final output would be around 225bhp (a tad optimistic imo). I think its more like 210bhp.

Are these custom remaps we are talking about here? as in they take into account any mods you have at the time? or are they just generic chips?

Mine was just a generic remap, a custom remap wasnt worth it since the engine is otherwise standard.

I had a generic map done at chipped-uk in Bromsgrove.Very happy with it and no probems since.Since then ive added some mods and jayson said he will tailor the map for me.Just need to get back there.