screen wash leek?

millsyd

Reaction score
my screen wash has a leek i havent touched it and i toped it up then 2 hours later its half full and a puddle on the floor, its defently the scrren wash and not the coolant.
any ideas to what could be causing this the puddle is on the drivers side of the car, does any know of any common problems regaurding the leek at that end?

COULD BE A PIPE OFF ON THE HEADLIGHT WASHERS DO THEY WORK ??

it could be a split in the seam of the bottle itself, if it has frozen then it will expand an split

i had a good look in the daylight and its the bottle so ive ordered a new one £30, does any one know how to get the head light out with out removing the bumper my car is 2001> with xenon and indicator is joint in with it as a whole unit.
or does any know how to change this part looks like the arch lining has to come out and the head light.
thanks for your help so far.

i removed mine without taking the headlight out as i couldnt see that it would be any benefit, its a total pain in the *** to do, you have to remove the power steering reservoir, one of the pipes coming off it, your metal turbo -> intercooler pipe, undo the fixings for your coolant bottle and move it out of the way a bit, then its a case of wiggling it and struggling like hell!! its goes deep into the wing so you have to move it to the right quite a bit before it will lift out.

***NOTE*** Remember to check everything works before you put everything back properly! I found out the hard way!! i connected the washer tubes up wrong so that the rear wash came on instead of front screen wash and visa versa! So had to do it all again as the tubes and motor are at the back of the washer bottle

Hope this helps

Ash

Be 1000% its the bottle, the more common leak is from the pump motor itself which splits.
you need to take a lot off to get to it and change it though!!