Some help please New A3 TDi or 3.2

Wish

Reaction score
Now im new here so be gental with me !

I went to my local dealer to purchase a new A3
Was looking at the 3.2 but ended up liking the TDi (140bph) for the money i could fit the body kit and make it look something really nice, the thing that put me of the 3.2 was its looks.... it looked, well standard.....

After all the dealing and wot not, they cant supply me a car until Feb !!! then the new reg in march so i might as well wait for that !! ... No way ! I need a car now.

Ive search high and low across Audi land and cant get a new A3 tdi sport anywhere.

So im back on the 3.2 , The car they have is a Laver grey with Red leather (not my first choise, but have to say for red leather its not that bad, Its not red red ! )

But i cant afford the bodykit so its going to look plain and dull :-(

I will only be keeping the car until September then i will sell it and go back to my beloved Golf GTi's

My Question (Finaly !!)

What do you think of the 3.2 and do you think it will hold its money well ??

well mate all i can say is

from my experience once u've driven an audi u wont wanna drive any other car. but if ur adamant u'll only keep the car till sept then just be cheap and cheerful and go for the tdi(if the red i is still about go for that)

hope that aint too confusing.

[ QUOTE ]
Wish said:
Now im new here so be gental with me !

I went to my local dealer to purchase a new A3
Was looking at the 3.2 but ended up liking the TDi (140bph) for the money i could fit the body kit and make it look something really nice, the thing that put me of the 3.2 was its looks.... it looked, well standard.....

After all the dealing and wot not, they cant supply me a car until Feb !!! then the new reg in march so i might as well wait for that !! ... No way ! I need a car now.

Ive search high and low across Audi land and cant get a new A3 tdi sport anywhere.

So im back on the 3.2 , The car they have is a Laver grey with Red leather (not my first choise, but have to say for red leather its not that bad, Its not red red ! )

But i cant afford the bodykit so its going to look plain and dull :-(

I will only be keeping the car until September then i will sell it and go back to my beloved Golf GTi's

My Question (Finaly !!)

What do you think of the 3.2 and do you think it will hold its money well ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally m8, the TDI wont even compare to the 3.2, and the audi is MUCH nicer than the golf which in my opinion, is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif!

Get the 3.2, and keep it, then save a bit of money to spend on styling .etc

Also, the 3.2 has some good tuning potential if your into that!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Also, the 3.2 has some good tuning potential if your into that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Has it? I thought normally aspirated cars were harder to get performance out of than turbo'd ones?

Now *I'm* interested too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You have to work the FSI to get anything good from it. The engine sounds good, but you would get sick of pounding it all the time. Economy wise, the only difference is that it will use less when pootling about.

As Ju says, you would be much better off with an S3 for the interim, if you are adament that it's a Golf for you in September (which Golf by the way, mkV 2.0 FSI Turbo?). Loose very little in price, and would be faster than either the TDI or 3.2. Or even a TT!

There are 8 TDI Sports on the Audi used network at the moment, and shed loads of FSI's (what does that tell you about residuals!). They are up to 6 grand less than available 3.2s (if you don't mind a yellow one!).

FSI and the 3.2 will loose money hand over fist (in Audi terms). The TDI is the best choice - until the FSI Turbo arrives!

I have seen the ideal S3 for you to buy, then in 6 months you can sell it to me (read between the lines, I've seen the car I want but I'm not buying for another 6 months!)

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Driven the TDi, and it was OK... but nothing special! was reasonable performance, but did handle well... Where as the 3.2 is much quicker (fair bit more torque),

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you manage to work that one out seeing as both produce 236lb/ft of torque ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

why dont u get an o'l banger.that will solve your problems.it won't depreciate and you get the car u want in september unless your loaded which will mean you dont care about depreciation.
stick to audi's mate much better

[ QUOTE ]
Cupramax said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Driven the TDi, and it was OK... but nothing special! was reasonable performance, but did handle well... Where as the 3.2 is much quicker (fair bit more torque),

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you manage to work that one out seeing as both produce 236lb/ft of torque ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DoH! meant bhp not torque! 110bhp difference, and 3 seconds 0-60 difference...

Rich

Well...... 4 hrs later and ive done it

Ordered a Audi A3 TDi Sport Full Bodykit, Ebony Pearl, Graphite/Black Leather. And the Storage Pack.
Didnt go for the xenons as i didnt like the look of them in the light cluster (im sad i know) didnt go for reverse park control as you cant hear it over the radio. Tempted by the light pack but at £140 i might as well save the money

So i get it January, and am thinking of keeping it a year and let them sort out all the problems on the golf first (not that my firt 's'plate GTi t had any problems.

Thnaks for your help guys !!

Nice one Wish. You will not be disappointed (an understatement, if there ever was one).