Warrenty extension???

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Whats your thoughts on this people. Should I extend the warrenty on the car or not. It runs out on 14/02/03 I've had a rough price its about £500. I've had the car since 13/12/02, its a MY00 S3, MTM chip, magnex exhaust, eibach springs(I think), 18"RSTT's,Spacers, done 49500 miles. I've thought about worse case senarios, engine, box, haldex,ecu's etc. But how realistic is a £500/year warrenty against what ifs?
What are your experiences of things going wrong?
Cheers
R88PER

Cheers Mark,
Like the sound of that. To think i had the car inspected by them when I bought it and did'nt even think of them regarding the warrenty. Think I'll have a look and get a quote, still no decision made yet though.

From my experience, the AA warranty isn't very 'comprehensive'... Many, many items are not covered. They are very tight!!! (hence being so cheap - apparently only another £50 per year when you take out breakdown cover with them...)
Also not all dealers have accounts with them therefore, you'd need to pay for all repairs and claim the money back from them which can take a few weeks (or more!)...
If you really would like to get a warranty, go with Audi. They'll be much kinder to you and you've got more of a chance of getting a goodwill claim from them if something does go wrong which is border line of manufacturers defeat and wear tear/mis-use...
Just my 2p's...

Well from a lot of cases I hear about if Audi don't want to cover something under warranty because the car is modified they have to be able to prove that the modification directly resulted in the failure without a shadow of a doubt.

Anyone with experience of this?

[ QUOTE ]
Mark P said:
Try this....
AA Warranty

I got a quote of GBP 176 for an S3. Seems a bit better than GBP 500. You do have to have a small excess though, but it seems to cover everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a look at this as it sounded quite good. But in the terms and conditions it keeps using the "worn" word in the exclusions. I suspect it doesn't cover that much really.

I wish I'd have bought the extension now as 6 months after the warranty ran out I needed a new Window Regulator, Alarm Unit and Air Mass Meter for my A3. Including the labour this lot came to over £1000.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Well from a lot of cases I hear about if Audi don't want to cover something under warranty because the car is modified they have to be able to prove that the modification directly resulted in the failure without a shadow of a doubt.

Anyone with experience of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the logical option wouldn't it? But I expect that the warranty would state that the car cannot be modified from the manufacturers standard (unless Audi approved). Anyone got the paperwork?

Cheers

Ben

The other keyword to look for in your policy is "consequential loss". ie a small part breaks and damages a big part. Insurance company only pays for small part cos not covered for consequential losses.

Why not ring the service manager of your local Audi dealer. See who he likes dealing with.

[ QUOTE ]
Colin M said:
"consequential loss"

[/ QUOTE ]

I like those two words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Isn't there some new European law or something about warrantys and you now being able to get warranty work done at other garages.....