Which wheel would you choose? *Pics*

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Which one of these would you choose to fit on a black S3?

BBSRX22.jpg

BBSRX.jpg

Personally I like the second one.

at first glance i thought the first ones, but then after a longer look i think the second set. i think the spokes look a little straighter and the dish is nice.

Rx's look so nice on, but watch the offsets, you will dtruggle to get an Rx in anyhting other than an 8j et 35. Hardly any wider than stock without spacers and centre line moves in three mill.

1st for me but very close. couldn't tell the difference if i wasnt paying attention :lazy:

definitly the second! think S3 alloys gota be angular ta off set the rounded bodywork

i looked at those BBS's very nice but not as nice on the silver as it would be on black! i just bought a set of nouvalari's...wait an see how they look

Defratos said:
Unfortunately it aint a two piece, just a look a like (even more for not liking it)

What's not?

RXIIs are two piece.
I have rebuilt 4 sets so far...and have a further set in bits in my garage...and I can assure you they are two piece.
A centre and a rim...bolted together with M7 titanium bolts.

Oh...and I prefer the RXIIs...

I have both BBS RXs and RXIIs at the moment...I much prefer the RXIIs (I have 3 sets)...whereas I use the RX for winter wheels with some snow tyres on.

Both those wheels have been around for quite a while. I'd go for something newer. If I was buying now I would go for BBS RS-GT's

bbs_rs_gt_ci3_l.jpg

Or with a black centre and polished lip

bbs_rs_gt_db_ci3_l.jpg

How about a set of these. I know a guy very well who is trying to sell a set!!

DSC00013.jpg

What are the bbs rims you see as an optional extra on a lot of the a3 sport back models?

id say the second set of those two myself.

both are a very similar style, but the second set are more smooth and subtle, and thus more in keeping with the classy style of the S3.

S3Steve said:
Both those wheels have been around for quite a while. I'd go for something newer. If I was buying now I would go for BBS RS-GT's

bbs_rs_gt_ci3_l.jpg

Or with a black centre and polished lip

bbs_rs_gt_db_ci3_l.jpg

I say these ones too!

Ess_Three said:
What's not?

RXIIs are two piece.
I have rebuilt 4 sets so far...and have a further set in bits in my garage...and I can assure you they are two piece.
A centre and a rim...bolted together with M7 titanium bolts.

yup your right Glen, they are two piece. how come u got so many wheels lying about? and why do u prefer the RXII?

Defratos said:
yup your right Glen, they are two piece.

I know...:icon_thumright:

how come u got so many wheels lying about?

...because I'm a BBS wheel whore.

and why do u prefer the RXII?

I prefer the shape of the rim...smoother and more curved.
I don't much care for the angular step on the RXs...I don't like deep dish wheels and it reminds me of that.
RXIIs are also easier to keep clean...the crap sits on the 'ledge' on the rim on the RXs!!

I've never liked the look of wheels with all studs and bolts around the rim :puke: I imagine they're a ****** to clean too. Out of the two, it'd be the second one for me.

batwad said:
I imagine they're a ****** to clean too.

As I said, I currently have both RXs and RXIIs and the RXIIs stay cleaner and are easier to clean.
both are a bit of a pain, to be honest...but the rims are easier to clean on the RXIIs.

The main problem with RXIIs is that they WILL corrode eventually from inside the joint between the rim and the centre.
You can delay it by not using Wonder Wheels or similar...but if used in salty environments, the corrosion will eventally form under the laqcuer resulting in a re-furb.
Hence the 4 or 5 sets I've done!

I prefer the second set. As previously stated they're very BMW-ish though. Quite like the M3 CSL's... If only BBS weren't so damned expensive!

Defratos said:
Which one of these would you choose to fit on a black S3?

Out of the two I would pick these every single day of the week much much nicer wheel.

Ess_Three said:
I know...:icon_thumright:

...because I'm a BBS wheel whore.

I prefer the shape of the rim...smoother and more curved.
I don't much care for the angular step on the RXs...I don't like deep dish wheels and it reminds me of that.
RXIIs are also easier to keep clean...the crap sits on the 'ledge' on the rim on the RXs!!

Thanks for the clarification mate, just wanted to check could I get these wheels in ET35, bolt pattern 5x100? I've spoken to someone who's sourcing one for me but just wanted to check if it'll fit me S3? any ideas?

The RX's always look bigger to me though as they look less fussy. Thos wheels on that A/S4 above look appauling, they look like 15's

Sorry, off topic

Glen,
Hows the protective film on the 911 holding up and could you PM the details of the supplier/fitter of the product?

Cheers