ADS

previously LeeS3

Status

Re: Gmbh Suspension.. finally..

and one more..

5th Gear

Status

Hey looks good! Esp with the big rims as well !! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

previously LeeS3

Status

Ride is surprisingly good. You really lose nothing over the standard suspension but gain from the fact that the cars center of gravity is much reduced. Check out how low that back wheel is - apparently the angle of the rear damper means that the wheel will never bottom out.

I haven't really tested it at high speed motorway corners (110 km/h +) too much - I am running brand new GS3 Goodyear F1's and was concerned about stretching them too much before fully run in.

Got a trip back north this weekend - so I'll really be putting the suspension to the limit and tyres to the test.

What I figure is that although you are still prone to bouncing on rough roads, body roll is vastly decreased. I rather have that than a teeth chattering ride on a harsh suspension.

Neutral

Status

Looks top [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry if I've missed any previous posts but what did you have done? Springs only etc? Also any chance of the costing?

Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ben

5th Gear

Status

If they are the Audi lowering springs (Which I think are Eibach.....???? Not 100% sure on this) then they are 180 GBP including VAT. The accessories list states around a 35mm drop over standard, and by standard they don't mean a basic 1.6.

I found on my BMW that the BMW supplied lowering springs (AC Schnitzer) did wonders on my 3 series, probably due to the fact that they were intended to match with the standard sport shocks. So if Audi's is the same then I'd have a set, especially if that's them in the pictures!!

Neutral

Status

I had Eibachs on my old A3 - just testing the water for the S3 and haven't spoken to anyone with experiance the Gmbh option.
    Cheers
    Ben

2nd Gear

Status

ive got a 35mm drop but have settled to about 36-37mm at least with some H&R springs,...goto to say the were the best upgrade ive done on the car,...the ride is good still, excellent for bends as they are progressive springs,..im able to really push it on bends now with soo much more confidence...maybe too much confidence at times [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]....the top of the tyres just sit a tiny weeny bit underneath the arch,...not low enough to bottom out but its just sits right,...as lots of peeps have said......i cant praise them enough,...def getting H&R again when i eventually get an S3!!!..got mine from vagparts. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif[/img]

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

To be honest, for that sort of money I would personally go for a set of coilovers.