Removing scuttle panel trim...help please

evotista

Reaction score
I need to check my drain holes, since i've gpt water coming into the car, looking through old threads it seems the drain holes could be blocked and i think they are under the scuttle trim at the bottom of the windscreen. Apart from removing the wiper arms and the rubber edging that is inside the engine bay that attaches to the scuttle trim...is there anything else i need to watch out for?...where should i prise it up first?...is it just pop in fit?...has anyone here done this and can give guidance?

All help appreciated

watch for it snapping remove the wipers the slowly prize away from screen watch the ends near the wing and dont go mad as you need to discontect the washer and the heater wires

Your on the right tracks. It is clipped into the base of the windscreen and will need to be popped out carefully from there. Start from either end and work you way towards the centre of the screen.
Upon refitting make sure the groove where it clips into on the windcreen is completey clean.
Where in the car is the water getting to ?

Mo,

It's all of a sudden started to come in to the driver side footwell....never happened before in 5.5 years....seems to be coming down around where the bonnet release lever is...at least thats where you can see evidence of the trickle. So all i need is my hands to prise the trim off...or should i use of decent flat blade screwdriver carefully?

Dont use any tools, unless its really jammed in tight. Even then becareful not to pry it aginst the windscreen. Try to lift it from the corners and work your way inwards. Its tucked in on either side behind the vertical winscreen rubber channels.
Once you have it off and the wires and pipes disconnected (take note as to how they are conveniently attached to the scuttle panel) you should see a small hole in the inner wing ; check if thats clear if it is then also check around the black lid that covers the cables going into the car.
I had a similar leak which turned into a catagory 6 nightmare but solved it in the end though.