HELP! ******** billstien PSS9

aidank1981

Reaction score
hey all

i had an incident with a tail happy slide an a kerb! oops!

******** my alloy an other replacable parts but damaged my shock! the spring is a separate unit so its fine but anyone know where i could/if i could purchase the passenger shock alone??

i've got AmD on the case (the suppliers) but it may look doubt full!

any help would be fantastic!
cheers

although i havent done it, i have a friend who got a single replacement shock from bilstein. i think they'll sort you out.

Would still replace the pair of rears if I were you, unless they are litterally brand new!!

Ask yourself this question, if one started leaking under waqrranty, would you be happy Bilstein replacing the one leaking shock.........??

I would want at least a pair and maybe the whole set if they were from potential bad batch!! !

He hit a kerb tho, so replacing one shock shouldnt be too much of a bad idea, particualrly if he has the original spring so it wont sit lop sided

One brand new shock, all to spec, one older shock, maybe a bit worn......!! Always replace shocks in pairs is my advice!

yeah thanks guys

heard back from AmD today, theve sourced a pair from bilstien for me so i 'should' be sorted
i did use the term 'individual' a bit lightly, i'm quite happy to replace the pair i think as there a good year old?
the bilstien springs are ok! thank christ it was the rears an not the fronts though!!
just a follow up on the accident an open for comments!
after i got her on a lift an had a look to see what'd gone wrong, she very unexspectidly oversteered (not commen as i'm sure you all know) i took off the punctured rear an its split from the inside! its a dunlop sportmaxx 235/35/19 but its covered in hairline cracks? wasnt rubbin as its been on for 6000 miles without a problem but a worry all the same?

thanks again, yet again proved to be the best forum for knoledgable feedback an decent opinions!