Another project completed...

Ess_Three

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Well, after speaking to someone several years ago - can't remember who...I think they were from Greece - I decided to try the old modified turbo pipe trick...

Don't know if it's worth anything yet...a trip to Uncle Jim's Glenrothes tuning emporium will confirm one way or the other.

The standard pipe looks like this internally:

25860868-d6a2-02000180-.jpg

...with a cast alloy sliencer / restrictor fitted.

So, after purchasing a spare turbo pipe, spending some time in the Mechanical workshop at work, a spot of turning, a spot of TIG welding, a plethora of polishing and smoothing and the application of a nice 'stealth black' powder coated finish...et viola:

25860869-9e83-02000180-.jpg

I also took the opportunity ro remove any chance of a repeat of blowing an intercooler hose off, by installing Mr Samco's finest hoses - a perfect colour match for Nogaro Blue BTW - and some heavy duty clmps.

The finished article:

25860870-ab25-02000180-.jpg

So...any changes?
Well, it sounds different!
There's no noticable increase or decrease in performance...but it does sound different...you hear the turbo spool up more...then comes an angry rushing of air type sound...then a slightly harder induction note throughout the rev range.
I guess that's an improvement over the soulless dull drone of the standard engine!

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Can I predict how much power gain you'll get?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing a round number...very round in fact!

But, in addition to all the hoses and different ICs, it can't do any harm...

I shall, of course, give you a call to see if you are on for a run to see Uncle Jim when the time comes!
You may even get some power figures out of the mighty S4!