A3 1.8T

603ELO

Reaction score
Couple of general questions

Any straightforward way of improving headlights on A3s as those on my 97 car are terrible. All is as it should be and bulbs all working but still very poor.

Also anyone know of any A3s being broken as I need a piece of interior trim. Previous owner had alarm sensor in drivers B post replaced and in process, the grey plastic trim on inside of B post was damaged!! Is only a minor part but I would like to replace it if possible.

Decent Volcano black front bumper would be good too......

I have upgraded the headlights on my current A3 1.8T (2002 model) and my previous 1998 model using Philips Vision Plus bulbs. They are the same rating as the existing bulbs but give out much more light. I have found them a vast improvement over the standard bulbs and a simply upgrade to undertake.

I obtained my bulbs from www.powerbulbs.com. They offered a quick and efficient service.

David R

Thanks guys for the quick pulling lesson. shall try it more often......with the bulbs of course

I hadn't heard of the Philips ones, so bought Bosch H7's from Halfords at 18 quid each. They made a huge difference to the originals that were in there (they were weak, yellow, and pathetic), but I'll be getting new bulbs from powerbulbs now I've seen that I can get a pair of the Philips for 28 quid.

[ QUOTE ]
cyls3 said:
Thanks guys for the quick pulling lesson. shall try it more often......with the bulbs of course

[/ QUOTE ]

No probs, always willing to lend a hand where possible....no not literally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

just ordered my bulbs from power bulbs got a nice discount to thanks to audi net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif