** Whats My S3 Worth ?? **

JustSports

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im thinking of selling my S3 next month, its a 2003 03 reg Ming Blue, its Done 82K with FullAudi History Last at 76K at Audi Main Dealers, Just 1 Former Keeper, Has Had Cambelt/Tensioner/Water Pump Changed at 80K, (done at independant coz Audi wanted £600!) Full Black Heated recaro leather,arm rest, CD/Tape/radio. Loads of MOT and Tax left. Drives Mint, if it said 40K on the dash you wouldnt question it.

Only bad point - Ive broken the little things that hold up the rear parcel shelf !
Apparently i have to pull apart the boot panel to get the new ones in ! Might do it if i have time.

SO ...the Question is .....How much should I put it up for ?? Im thinking £11500,
looking in the autotrader, 2003's are £12500++++ but mine is slightly up on the miles.

What do yo think ? will I get a quick sale ?

Thanks in advance for your replies....

PS....
List of cars Ive owned in order of purchase

H Reg MK2 GOLF GTI
K Reg HONDA CIVIC 1.6 VTI (so Light, so fast !)
N Reg MK3 GOLF GTI 16V - Leatherd
R Reg Honda Civic 1.8 VTI
T Reg BMW 328i Sport Coupe
53 Reg Audi S3 (Brand New !)
53 Reg BMW 320CI SPORT Convertible
Then I bought a House ! lol

T Reg BMW 328i Sport Coupe (again)!
03 Reg AUDI S3 (again !)

hence the name - JustSports !!

* I have also posted this on another forum - same name *

thanks, but the AA site does not take into account mileage.
I think Whatcar is better for valuations than the AA.

I was really looking for what other S3 owners/buyers would price it at, guides are only guides , going by the AA one it should be £15000 lol!

I would say 13-13.5k would be about right. 11.5k is way to cheap people IMO and people will think it's a misprint or something wrong with it.

Are you in a hurry to sell as plenty for sale and few buyers.

You could go round to a couple of garages to see what they would buy the car off you to get options and a price.

I have to say that 11.5k sounds about right, the price of S3's has come down a lot in the last six months and there are simply LOADS of them about at the moment.

Your right Stewart just had a look on the trader and yeah they have dropped a bit.

Thanks Steve, i may try a few garages soon, traders always give you a hard time on price, but i do need a cheaper car so maybe they will do me a deal.I may need to sell soon so just weighing up my options, hopefully i can hang onto it till the end of summer.

I have noticed theres alot of s3's for sale, so i did price it with that in mind and have to agree with Stewart that the prices are falling...Shame
for owners coz they are great cars but great news for buyers !

Stewart - What was your time around the Nurburgring ????

Does anyone know how many S3's were actually sold in the UK ?
just out of interest ?

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated

JustSports said:
Thanks Steve, i may try a few garages soon, traders always give you a hard time on price, but i do need a cheaper car so maybe they will do me a deal.

You'll get bent over by a dealer, cos they'll be giving you money they'll still treat it as a buy in.

You are right mate....

I remember trying to trade my 328 BMW sport coupe E36 99 T Reg for a 330 Sport Cab - They offered me 10 grand for my car and as we walked
back in they had one sat there on a S-reg (non sport) with more miles than mine for £13000 !!! I asked the guy to explain and he said "Well, we have to check and repair anything on your car " - id had it serviced there 2 months prior !!! It was mint ! I drove away, very fast ! lol

Sounds about right. Even as a P/X you'd want at least 2K across a vehicle you're outing for 13K.

That's how we make money!

suppose someones gotta pay for the big shiny glass showroom !

But it aint gonna be me !! :yahoo:

JustSports said:
thanks, but the AA site does not take into account mileage.
I think Whatcar is better for valuations than the AA.

I was really looking for what other S3 owners/buyers would price it at, guides are only guides , going by the AA one it should be £15000 lol!
Er, it does do mileage adjustments when I looked 30 seconds ago

apologies IceNutter, I never clicked past the screen where it shows all the different year and give a price .....your right it does do mileage ....Thanks

JustSports said:
Thanks Steve, i may try a few garages soon, traders always give you a hard time on price, but i do need a cheaper car so maybe they will do me a deal.I may need to sell soon so just weighing up my options, hopefully i can hang onto it till the end of summer.

I have noticed theres alot of s3's for sale, so i did price it with that in mind and have to agree with Stewart that the prices are falling...Shame
for owners coz they are great cars but great news for buyers !

Stewart - What was your time around the Nurburgring ????

Does anyone know how many S3's were actually sold in the UK ?
just out of interest ?

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated

Last time out I did a 9mins 25 secs in the wet and it was very WET :-

s3_may2006_wet.jpg

Apparently I did an 8m15s in the dry but I dont think I was that quick.

JustSports said:
So Cool Mate .....:applaus:

Cheers m8, it was, it always is in fact :)

We are organising another trip for the second bank holiday weekend in May over on uk-mkivs.net.

Interested?

In this pic you can see the standing water on the track to give you an idea how wet it was, I'm in the background.

2006_ring_s3_wet.jpg

i'll prob have sold the car by then ! but will keep an eye on it if i havnt,

Firend of mines been , in a M5 , ill get time off him if i see him

Sorry to break/add to topic, I'm going back to the Ring in April. Anyone else out there then ?

steve1975l said:
I would say 13-13.5k would be about right. 11.5k is way to cheap people IMO and people will think it's a misprint or something wrong with it.

Are you in a hurry to sell as plenty for sale and few buyers.

You could go round to a couple of garages to see what they would buy the car off you to get options and a price.

I'll sell you my 53 plate 40k miler then..........£15k!!! Deal...?

(Paid less than 13 for it, same spec as his with cruise and sunroof!)

I think if you pitch it at £11500, you will get some genuine buyers interested. Sounds like a nice spec and seems as though you are relaistic as to value.

The miles may be against it, but it has had belts and other work done which if you bought a 60k miler you would have to reckon on spending £600 or so doing......?

Good luck with the sale.

(oh and on the subject of you list of cars, cripes, first car a Mk2 GTI!!) it took me 7 years to work my way up to a Mk2 8valver!! (still got one too!!)

Yeah Im gonna go with the 11500 Simch ....will prob get knocked down a bit but i think any higher on the price and i wont get a call !

lol @ firstcar .....I passed my test (1996) and thought sensible car ..1.0, 1.2 ....rang around for insurance and every1 wanted mega bucks ....£800+ ( i live in central manchester which really doesnt help !) ...my mate was selling his GTI and i rang a sports car specalist and they quoted me £1000 !! so i thought hmmmmm....i can have a micra insured for £800, or a golf gti for £1000 .....the Golf Won and great car it was tooo ! Simple to look after and look great ...especially in oak green ! The funniest thing driving it was that because of the quad headlights and GTI badge , people get out of your way !!!! Great Fun !

Still love a blast up the road in mine, feels so raw and dated by modern standards, shakes and rattles, but just so alive on the road!

And I swear if you have a nice tasteful mk2 GTI, you can still get away with it round Chelsea and Kensigton! Totally class less!!

I know it should go really, but just dont have the ehar to get rid of it!! I know I'll feel gutted seeing it driving around without me in it!

A lad had one down my road recently.....heres the spec , it looked the dogs

MK2 Golf Gti
Resprayed in MK3 Vr6 Mullberry purple
Full Corrado Leather
convereted vr6 engine (2.9)
DTM Lenso Split Rim Deep Dish Alloys (look like BBS RX2)

The colour made the car ....he told me his mate had a garage andhe managed to ge the work done cheap ....he's sold it since ....lovley car

If i was you, id keep it ....may be worth mega bucks one day !

What does that make an early V or W plated miley S3 worth - £5k?

Just for comparison I recently purchased the S3 in my sig for £13.5k, that had one owner, full ASH, and has done 40k.

£11.5 sounds a good price, should definatley get some interest.

Nice Funky Junky, Thanks for the info

if you think about it nervous, S3 real selling prices are probably way above book prices due to its desirability, I bet if you took a V-W Reg with over 80K on it to a dealer, they would only give you around the 5K mark ....IMO

but private sale you would defo get alot more .....

I personally would advertise it for around 12k and take 11500, and put a private ad in the classifieds for 11500 to as.net members. People feel they have got a better deal, after they have succeeded in making a good haggle!
I personally think these no offer prices reduces the audience... all just my opinion.