spot whats wrong with this S3!

He's used there instead of their.

Or did you mean something else ;)

It's overpriced! CAT D and missing an interior that's £££'s to replace, he's having a laff. He's in Brum also, maybe I should enquire lol.

I know, a grand to get it all even off ebay. And he tries to distinguish between a cat d write off and stolen/recovered but it devalues it just as much. Plus, why has he got it, and if its his car obviously he would have been better of putting the interior in and selling

A friend of mine had the whole interior of his BMW 330 stolen whilst in his company car park, seats, door cards, armrest, stereo and all trim. The car park had CCTV but it didn't cover the part he was in, no damage either so they must have cloned the alarm. Insurance company accused him of theft and took ages to sort and eventually paid out! Nightmare.

jojo said:
It's overpriced! CAT D and missing an interior that's £££'s to replace, he's having a laff. He's in Brum also, maybe I should enquire lol.

just don't take it for a test drive mate :)

Would be a laugh to drive home! Just like that bit in Commando where Arnie rips the seats out of the car with his bare hands. And then smashes into a lamppost but doesn't go flying through the windscreen :think:

confusionhunter said:
wrong steering wheel too....

As Matty says, it was an option.

This was on fleabay quite a few weeks ago with the same pictures so he obviously cant shift it...

Well overpriced.

note that the centre console is broken too where the armrest is meant to go!! I wonder what else is wrong or missing in it.
A cat D is a cat D not what he is describing which is bull

Mo-S3 said:
note that the centre console is broken too where the armrest is meant to go!! I wonder what else is wrong or missing in it.
A cat D is a cat D not what he is describing which is bull

Yeah I was just going to mention about the Armrest but I would say if the thieves were struggling for time then they probably wrenched the arm rest out and broke the right hand front mounting...

If you had to put a full interior in it, by the time you've got all the bits and pieces and like Mo says, what else is missing, you'd be looking at around the grand mark and for the mileage it then becomes a very expensive CAT D.

Right at the bottom of the page, other advertisements from this user. Love the light brow on the front :sadlike:

If you just pulled that stupid bit of plastic off thats over the grille/lights it'd look good i think (the vr6)

Although he's askin stupid money again unless its done about 40k

I believe a stolen recovered car isnt classed as a CAT D..

s3shabs said:
I believe a stolen recovered car isnt classed as a CAT D..
Yes it can be.
It's irrelevant what the reason is, if a car is a total loss as far as the insurance company is concerned then it gets classified.

a car can be stolen and not a cat d
most stolen recovered are cat x which means that there not recorded as such
cat d means it is repierable at a cost less than the value of the car
cat c means it is repaible but at a cost of more than the vaule of the car
cat b is break only
there is no method to the cat system i have bought loads of cars one that should be cat c ie need jigging etc are somtimes cat d and i bought a 206 a few weeks ago that only neeeded a few panels and that was a cat c think it depands on the guy inpecting it on that day
you can get some real bargins buying salvage if you know waht you looking at i paid just over 3k for my audi a3 tdi sport 2003 with full service etc but i had to buy it blind the acr now stand me at 5k on the rd