s3 interior silk cloth

Ah is that not an import? They had a cloth recaro interior

It has a proper Audi numberplate on it.
Can you get imports with these on? (I believe you rodenal, but need to be aware of this sort of stuff if and when I buy and S3 in a couple of months!)
The steering wheel is like that on some peoples I think isn't it, with the radio controls? Or is that another import sign.

You could easily get another number plate; even if a dealer wouldn't sell you one, someone on ebay would. I'm no expert, but I'd bet it's an import.

Yeah all uk cars will have the leather/half leather seats, and a 3spoke steering wheel.(Even my 1.6 sport has this)

So either its been pranged and had a different wheel put on and different interior whilst he's been at it or(much more likely) its an import - remember a few years ago lots of people were importing cars as the uk prices were up to about 5 grand more!

paul_brad said:
It has a proper Audi numberplate on it.
Can you get imports with these on? (I believe you rodenal, but need to be aware of this sort of stuff if and when I buy and S3 in a couple of months!)
The steering wheel is like that on some peoples I think isn't it, with the radio controls? Or is that another import sign.

I agree it looks like one of the optional multifunction steering wheels with radio controls on it.

Never seen the cloth Recaros though, were they an option in the UK? Or just Europe. Could have been a special order, there are some S3's out there in some colours that wernt listed in the UK options list, but were manufactured as special orders.

I can just imagine the Germans 'Ja, Ja das fabric is very sexy is it not? Like mein Großmutter sofa no?' :undwech: