red / greestuff brake pads

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hi guys
have some red stuff brake pads on the rear and green stuff on the front, the front seem to make a bit of noise when braking, only been on there 2months, are the red any better and quiter?

The greenstuff pads are pretty dusty, i have em on mine too but to be honest i dont think they're much cop, got ebc grooved/vented discs all round too and cant notice much difference

Are you sure that's right? I would use them the other way round. Red Stuff on the front and Green Stuff on the rear.
Green Stuff pads are only any good on lighter cars IME. Your Green Stuff should be shot by now, if they are on the front.

Personally I prefer Ferodo DS2500. Dusty and expensive, but they work well and last.

Yeah I would second the DS2500's and also Pagid yellow's but they are over £100 more than the Ferodo's.
EBC are saying that Green stuff are for applications up to 200bhp only. There was a thread on here recently or I think it was in one of Glens sticky threads on brakes. CHeck it out, makes good reading.

Hey
EBC Green stuff and Red I would steer clear of personally
Red stuff will work when heated , but up til then there will not be much there
I myself would try some others
Ferrodo`s are good , but as has been said quite expensive

Please contact Audi-Sport.net to advertise on the site

I actually said the Pagids were more expensive but hey :) The Ferodo's can be had for circa £75.
Personally I dont rate the mintex which I'm currently running (trying to get the most out of them before switch to the Ferodos) as they have a very narrow temperature range. Fast road use for 10-15 mins or so then fine, push on for longer and they just overheat badly and thats on 2 piece 334mm disks, grooved and drilled.
Hiya Sarah btw :)

Hi Stewart
Is all good?
We have just started really with the Extreams
We have tried them for the LCR guys really
Are the ones you have the Extreams? as we have had good reporrts on these
;)
Hope your well
Sarah

i would think fitting different pads to the front and rear would be a bad idea? wouldn't that sort of change the brake bias of the car as the different pads have diff. friction coefficients?