Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Hello folks...

Being a new member here I just wanted to say hi...

Been reading a lot of good answers to a lot of good questions...some of them actually helped me with some similar issues I had with my A3...cheers :respekt:

Drive an "darkish-bluish" '00 A3 1.6 ambiente, live in norway and really like Audi. This one is my first but I always loved the design on them all the way...
One time (1987) on the Island of Sardinia I saw a red Quattro Sport charging down the narrow city streets of Calgary...that sound I'll never forget and I was hoode from that moment...Off course in the days of Group B in rally there were 2-3 other favorites but seing the street model of the Quattro just blew me away...

Tried to post a picture I have to post some more before I can link to URL's

Hello, and welcome mate! :icon_thumright:

Glad you're enjoying the forum, like you I 'lurked' for ages before joining up and trying to help others too.

What's a Ambiente trim level? Is that like our SE?

I agree with you regarding the Sport Quattros! Awesome machines and when I hear any 5 cylinder Audi now, the sound of them still makes my spine tingle!

Have you got any mods planned for your car?

Cheers guys...

Well the ambiente trim up here in Norway (and the rest of Scandinavia) is the luxury trim.
Mine's got the alcantara leather seats, climate-aircon, leather steering wheel and -gearknob, easy entry chairs, the armrest and maybe some other minor things.

Yes I definately have plans for it;

got the facelift rear lamps mounted,

bought a new Blaupunkt stereo,

a smaller aluminium antenna,

purchased replica RS4 alloys (which soon are going to be at the paint shop being painted in a nice dark grey gun metal),

got a complete DEFA warm up system installed (I do live in a cold part of the world and this engine/coupe heating system is the best thing I did so far for the car (and myself),

bought a BOSE subwoofer/amp (haven't installed it yet)

fitted TT alu pedals and footrest (cheap and very nice mod),

fitted Aerotwin wipers front and rear,

cleaned it for badges

Plans for the future;

buy Michelin pilot sport tires (getting 55% off the price+they get sent directly form the factory in France or somewhere ie completely new tires)

lower the car (35 mm) with OEM sports dampers and eibach springs

change the gearknob to S-line (prolly steering wheel too)

tone the windows

leave the car for a day with some pro's and get the paint in tip top shape (it's not bad but you know...)

fit a milltek catback and cut a hole in the rear bumper so that the rear silencer won't drag along the tarmac...Want it up where the old one sits.

S3 chrome mirrors ( or just get some symmetric ones and paint them matte black )

Paint the rings and the chrome sorroungs in the grill matte black

Facelift Xenon headlamps

upgrade the stereo further with at least speakers you actually can hear...

This is being done during 2007 (hopefully) and be next spring (2008) I gotta to have the S3 (8L)...otherwise I'll die!!!

It's nothing special, I mean, this is almost standard moddings right!!

Will drop som pictures when I have done enough posts...

Cheers

yes half alcantara...you had the option of these, ones with only alcantara or normal leather...but the ambiente trim came with these type of half alcantara/half cloth...nice seats btw...would love these from the sport trimmed A3...