A3 TQS Head tweaks and upgrades? Could do with some advice

Fandango80

Reaction score
Alright you lot!

I put a post up the other day about my cambelt snapping. Im gonna rebuild the top end and while i have the head off, is there any upgrades or tweaks i can do to make the best of a cr@p situation? Would like some more power and im running stock right now. Any ideas of suppliers or prices? If i go for injectors, will this help my performance without a remap? I do intend to get one in the near future so i need to take this into consideration.

Cheers
Dave.

As always it depends on how much you are willing to pay and how far you want to take the upgrades. I'm fairly sure you'd need a remap for the upgrades to be worthwhile. Keep searching on this and other VAG forums. There's plenty of help out there if you look in the right places!

HTH

Rich

injectors don't need changing until you get a bigger turbo, the stock ones have a good spray pattern and work very well. They can be changed easily, the head doesn't need to be off.

Valves are fine up to about 300bhp, cams aren't worth changing.

Unless you plan to go 300bhp+ then i wouldn't spend money on anything internal.

Get a remap, they're fun :)

Ah cool cheers for that. Yeah 300bhp would be nice but i think thats a bit ambitious for now. ;-)

Dave