FORGE FMIC, WHATS IN THE BOX??

ash_s3

Reaction score
Hi all!

Phoned up awesome-gti the other day to order the forge fmic for my s3 and i asked if it comes with the silicone hoses to join to inlet manifold and the metal turbo pipe. (the ones that are listed on the forge website seperately)
and they said they dont know, so he phoned forge and got back to me and said they are included. however they arnt listed on the forge fitting instructions on their website so i called forge and they said the same that they are included in the package.

anyone know for sure wether they are or not? anyone got a pic of what you actualy get in the box?

Cheers
Ash

Not being funny mate but if you have spoken to both the supplier and the manufacturer, and they have both told you that they are included,how much reassurance do you need??

Get it in in writing? lol :)

Stewart said:
Not being funny mate but if you have spoken to both the supplier and the manufacturer, and they have both told you that they are included,how much reassurance do you need??

Get it in in writing? lol :)

:laugh:

All the kits that we've sold have included the silicone pipes Ash.

i just cant see why they sell seperately on thier website for £116.32
FMKT008.jpg

i know im probably being a bit silly but dont want to fork out £650 to find ive gota spend anouther £116 to get the matching hoses

DPM, you have PM ;)

They sell them as people who have mapped cars like to upgrade the hoses ;)

Not sure it's going to make much difference over the standard hoses but if your running more boost it may help?

S3Andy said:
They sell them as people who have mapped cars like to upgrade the hoses ;)

Not sure it's going to make much difference over the standard hoses but if your running more boost it may help?

No, he means why do they sell the FMIC kit hoses separately...

Spares of course.

so the hoses pictured above are included...

i shall be ordering mine then from DPM!

Damn! i thought it would take ages, not going to be home for anouther 2 weeks! Will give me something to look forward to i guess! :icon_thumright:

Recieved the intercooler!!! Thanks DPM! Top bloke!
Looks mint, cant wait to fit it!
Only problem is the hoses i mentioned above wernt in the box?? I even asked forge themselves if the hoses were included and they told me they were, looks like ive gota spend anouther £100 and wait even longer now!!

:sob: :sob:

ash_s3 said:
Recieved the intercooler!!! Thanks DPM! Top bloke!
Looks mint, cant wait to fit it!
Only problem is the hoses i mentioned above wernt in the box?? I even asked forge themselves if the hoses were included and they told me they were, looks like ive gota spend anouther £100 and wait even longer now!!

:sob: :sob:

Looks like there's confusion between the upper and lower intercooler hoses. The upper ones are not included in the kit, only the lower ones are. Shouldn't stop you from fitting the FMIC as they're not really necessary, more cosmetic that anything.

yeh i realise that mate, its just when i phoned awesome gti and forge up themselves they said they were included..

Would just like to thank DPM for coming out on top again and getting me what i want for a reasonable price.
Cant recommend enough, service is always spot-on everytime
All fitted now and im enjoying the performance and mean looks!
:rockwoot:

Thanks again

Ash