Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 Warning Indicator Info

Hello All

I have a 2001 Y Reg Audi S3 and just wondering if anyone can help me. This morning a warning indicator light came on but there is no information about it in the driver manual. Basically the warning symbol looks like the outline of the engine and is yellow?

Anyone know what this is or what the problem could be?

When I looked in the handbook at the dash console diagram, where the indicator light should be there is just a blank circle?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    this symbol is the engine warning light, this could be vey minor or major. if the car is working fine this will probably be minor.

dont take it to the stealers as they will charge about 90 quid! take it to an independant dealer and that will cost u about 45quid and they will tell you why the light has come on. even better if you have a friend who has VAG.com or maybe some1 off here may help thats even better, throw them 8 cars of the finest lager and it will save you some cash !

hope this helps
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by campbell
    this symbol is the engine warning light, this could be vey minor or major. if the car is working fine this will probably be minor.

dont take it to the stealers as they will charge about 90 quid! take it to an independant dealer and that will cost u about 45quid and they will tell you why the light has come on. even better if you have a friend who has VAG.com or maybe some1 off here may help thats even better, throw them 8 cars of the finest lager and it will save you some cash !

hope this helps
    Cheers for that.

Had my MOT and full service about 4 weeks ago at reputable independant dealer and the car is running sound so it should hopefully be minor. I'll give them a call and take it in.

2nd Gear

Status
    If you're in the RAC or AA etc give them a ring. They have been known to diagnose for free if you're a member.
    Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 - Ice Silver

JUST GONE: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006 - Le Mans Blue

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Audi S3 Quattro 2002 - AMD stage 1 - 261BHP - MTM clutch - Brilliant Black

S3X

Status
    Hi, yes I had that earlier this year. A coolant sensor was dicky. Audi diagnosed simply py plugging laptop into car. £200.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the advise everyone.

The light has now gone off, funnily enough after i had the car washed, maybe it was a dirty sensor or something daft i dunno.

Anyway I'm gonna leave it for now and hopefully thats it.

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyJam
    Thanks for the advise everyone.

The light has now gone off, funnily enough after i had the car washed, maybe it was a dirty sensor or something daft i dunno.

Anyway I'm gonna leave it for now and hopefully thats it.
    get it checked, minor problems turn into big expensive ones when you ignore them. The ECU will have logged the cause of the fault.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leecs3
    get it checked, minor problems turn into big expensive ones when you ignore them. The ECU will have logged the cause of the fault.
    Yeah your right, just bit short of cash at the moment.

Its booked in for Tuesday anyway so i'll take it in.