big power S3

mintie

Reaction score
Has anyone heard off REGAL MOTORSPORT, someone i know off in my neck of the woods tells me that he knows of a S3 running stock exchaust manifold with a K04rs turbo ,bigger injectors,RS4 MAF,bigger fuel pump,strenghterned conrods,uprated pistons and a GIAC remap,and he has been dynoed at 412,dont beleive because i thought our clutch could not handle that sort of power,anything I here about that sort of power I take with a very large pinch of salt,any thoughts from anyone that knows of REGAL MOTOR SPORT would be helpful.
cheers

i have heard of regal motorsport but nothing much. i think 412 from those mods are a bit far fetched. it would trash the clutch definitely

this is my whole point,surely if he has gone to this much trouble doing these mods one of the first things i would have chagned is the clutch,if you are in the area could you in passing pop down asnd ask some serious questions

i think its near kent.not sure though, only heard of them through tuning mags and stuff. cant really remember. probably some chav with a 500hp nova

from what Ive been told its a K04 from a RS4 that will bolt straight on to a S3 manifold with no fetling ie no bodging this i find hard to believe,I only pass on from what ive been told,the person that i know does know his **** so why should i doubt him

chris could you please pm your telephone number to discuss this later as I am looking for more power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know if they bolt straight on but even if it did i find his power figure a bit hard to believe. anyone know what a rs4 kicks out

s3sam said:
i dont know if they bolt straight on but even if it did i find his power figure a bit hard to believe. anyone know what a rs4 kicks out

I think that the biturbo RS4 was 380bhp as standard - and that was from 2.7 litres, and two turbos.

There was that silver S3 that QST in Haywards Heath built which had full RS4 running gear and engine underneath. When my car was in for its rechip, Kim Collins took me to the station in it - boy was that fast.

my point exactly. if he has only got 1800cc surely it would not be possible. not with out spending an absolute fortune!

That car was not an S3 more like an A3 body shell with lots done to it ,yes it did have a 2.7 twin turbo under its hood but it took in excess of 2 years to develop

mintie said:
That car was not an S3 more like an A3 body shell with lots done to it ,yes it did have a 2.7 twin turbo under its hood but it took in excess of 2 years to develop

Yeah, I agree. It was an RS4 rebodied as an S3.

Regal motorsport started off with Vauxhalls mainly. The 4x4 twin engined Nova which you may have see is probably the best known from the company. Even though it was a company called EDS motorsport who built it in Germany.
In the Vauxhall world if Regal is mentioned most people tell you to say clear. But its up to the individual i guess. I would touch them but thats me.

Southampton it is.

400bhp from a K0X with stock S3 mani? Impossible, cannot flow enough gas full stop no matter what other mods he's done.

There are 1.8T's out there running 400bhp+, Bill Brockbank's SEAT Ibiza is about 450bhp at the moment, bored out to 1.9 and running a BIG turbo (and LOTS of other nice things).

17 posts so far and no one has called "********!!"

Down to me then........!! :)

I heard of regal too.........not good stuff either, but only what I have heard, not my experience.

To be fair, this is a bit of a 'friend of a friend told me...' thread. Maybe Regal have tuned a 400bhp S3, it's not impossible. Simply the poster has got his info wrong on the spec of the car (if it exists at all?).

mintie said:
from what Ive been told its a K04 from a RS4 that will bolt straight on to a S3 manifold with no fetling ie no bodging this i find hard to believe,I only pass on from what ive been told,the person that i know does know his **** so why should i doubt him

If it's a K04 from an RS4 then it won't flow beyond 275ish bhp. If it could get over 410bhp then we'd have RS4s with over 800bhp on standard turbos. As it is, I reckon 520bhp is tops for an RS4 on std turbos.

Even a K04 with GT28RS internals won't go much above 320bhp.

It's perfectly possible to have an S3 with well over 400bhp, but I'd suggest that they'd be using a different turbo and manifold. There's no point in uprating all the other bits and leaving the crucial bits std.

jcs356 said:
There was that silver S3 that QST in Haywards Heath built which had full RS4 running gear and engine underneath. When my car was in for its rechip, Kim Collins took me to the station in it - boy was that fast.

That thing would be a beast - until you got to a corner....

Too much weight over the front axle so it's going to be understeer nirvana. Great feat of engineering, and a straight line missile

GT30R will see 400-450 Bhp. So big power isnt a problem if the right kit is used. As for the standard clutch it will be dead in no time if it even holds out. Are all S3's 4x4?
If some are FWD then there is the issue with wheel spin on the rollers which will give incorrect results. I have experienced this with my Astra on the rollers once the torque comes in readings can be well off. Only when not setup on the rollers correctly regarding straps etc.

KKK26 said:
Are all S3's 4x4?

All Wheel Drive, the haldex clutch operates when it detects front spin and gives you drive to the rears. They're normally run in FWD on the dyno as they're a b!tch to run with the haldex switching on and off. Never heard of an issue like that when running them though. Usual cheats are incorrect climate inputs, or clicking the handbrake on to increase transmission loss and flywheel calcs.

I know of a place that does that with the climate in the fife region....

I have seen a few Audis on the roller with the problem with it switching back and forward. I am sure something is disconnected to allow it to run in FWD.

If there is enough torque then it is possible to spin on the rollers. Good quality tyres are also a must.

As for the S3 mentioned at the power stated it would kill the clutch no problem if used correctly.

still waiting for them to email me with their spec, been on the web site they only seem to do the upgrade for the S4,WWW. TRAC ART told me that they have a S3 with some mods, WWW.REGAL-AUTO only seem to show an S4 with some mods, may have got my post wrong with the turbo ie K04RS with RSK04
did not mean to post wrong info just trying to find what is true and what is bull***t anyone can say that they have big power gains from the trusty 1.8T engine

KKK26 said:
I am sure something is disconnected to allow it to run in FWD.
Doesn't handbrake-on one-click stop the Haldex from sending any power rearwards? I'm sure I'd heard that used as a method to put R32s / S3s / TTs etc. on FWD rollers... The other one is pull the fuse for the Haldex IIRC?

Regards,

Rob.