New owner. Best set up

8pot

Reaction score
I previously owned a standard s4 2.7 which I was really pleased with overall but felt the handling was a bit dull and it did not feel overly quick.

I am due to collect next week a 200 s3 1 lady owner fsh with 27000 miles in silver. I plan to use it as a weekend car and for track days. My initial thoughts were coil-overs, anti roll bars, upgraded brakes, better intercooler, oil cooler and initially the first stage re-map. I appreciate the coolers may be an overkill but you can not be sure when on track and it will be going to the Ring in April

I found the brakes on the s4 a bit iffy on track with cronic fade and disc warping even with better fluid and ebc pads. Will the s3 suffer with minor brake changes also or will I need bigger discs and calipers.

I would also like advice about anti roll bars, was thinking Neuspeed, eibach or whiteline and Koni coilovers?

Any advice welcome

Mike

Looks like I will definitely go for the Neuspeed bars. Not sure on coilovers. Koni seem to be reasonably cheap, but I am drawn to the Bilsteins. I want it to really handle.