audi RS3 how much power will it have if its made?

edward_harris said:
ive heard 350BHP or the rs4 engine pushing out 420bhp?!!

I personally think this question is more appropriate in the 8P Chassis forum, which it would be based on, should it ever be made.

I doubt it would have anything near 420 BHP, 350 sounds about right for the market. Audi wouldn't make an RS3 quicker than their flagship RS4 model lol.

I heard somewhere but cant remember where now, that the RS3 and RSTT wil both have a 2.5 litre twin turbo with 350bhp if of course they ever get made :whistle2:

just my 2p's worth anyhow :thumbsup:

I'd be surprised if they made an RS3, the S3 is supposed to be their bottom end 'cheap' performance car, they wouldnt want a version that shows up the S/RS4 as already said

edward_harris said:

Mmmmm. I'm not convinced thats an 'RS3'. The article states the arches are wider but they aren't, the splitter at the front just looks like an aftermarket part, and it looks like standard (non-xenon) headlights.

I've also never seen a prototype with features such as bonnet pins and a single wiper to try and hide the fact.

I'm not convinced by this particular article but by god I hope the RS3 does happen!

Personally, I'd settle for a 2.5V6 with twin turbos and 350 BHP :yes:

The question for me, is which engine would it use?
The 2.0 TFSI would be too highly strung...the current V6 (VR6 based) is known to suffer ftom heat issues in NA form...can't see that getting a 100000 mile+ 3 year warranty in turbo'd form.

The existing audi V6s are far too big and simply won't fit in the engine bay whilst retaining the correct crumple zones....and they sit far too far forward to get an s3 sized car to handle properly.

So which engine?

Also...how much of a market will there be for a £38-40K A3?
Which is surely what the price will be...based upon other S vs RS models.

A good number of buyers, sure...
Not enough to develop a new engine for though...?

I just don't see it ever happening.

I hope it does though :thumbsup:

It would be up against the M3, wouldn't it?
And the Evo FQ360, STI whatever... etc, etc.

The trouble is, you can already buy a 350+ BHP car of a similar size, which will out-handle, out-brake and out-acceletate a possible RS3, and save yourself a likely £10,000 in the process. OK...they don't have the interior, or quality of materials...but they have driver involvement by the bucketload.

If the RS3 can't compete with the Evo FQs and STIs in it's dynamics...and it costs a possible £10k more...who will buy it?

If it isn't as pure to drive as an M3, who will buy it over an M3?

It's a difficult market to go for, based upon what the power level will need to be, the price, and the target audience.

As much as I would love one of these, I really don't think there's a real market for it. Yes we'd all have one, but how many could afford a brand new one?

As for the engine, my money would be on it being something a little different, so as not to compete against the other models available. Volkswagen have just introduced the R36, and I can see that being a viable engine for an RS3.

Ess_Three said:

The trouble is, you can already buy a 350+ BHP car of a similar size, which will out-handle, out-brake and out-acceletate a possible RS3, and save yourself a likely £10,000 in the process. OK...they don't have the interior, or quality of materials...but they have driver involvement by the bucketload.

If the RS3 can't compete with the Evo FQs and STIs in it's dynamics...and it costs a possible £10k more...who will buy it?

It's a difficult market to go for, based upon what the power level will need to be, the price, and the target audience.

All that I agree with, but remember the S3 was up against the Imprezza turbo, which was £5k cheaper, better handling, better to drive and faster. The RS3 could be compared in a similar way to an Evo FQ, but it would have to be assessed on the overall appeal not just its performance.

I think Audi would want to make sure the RS4/S4 is the alternative to an M3 so the RS3 would have to fall below that level and price.

Ess_Three said:

Totally agree......the first link to that story was to a more recent autoexpress page that had the new Evo x on it............!! Holy moly, did you guys see that thing! The interior looks hard as nails as the outside does too!!

Be worth getting woken up in the middle of the night by masked gunmen beating you up for the keys just to have it for a few weeks!! !! 320hp stock, should be what, about 28k new.....?30 maybe.......? Gees, most new s3s come out at that!

I was at Audi HQ only a couple of months ago, and I am afraid to say, but Audi have no intention to build the RS3. They have confirmed an RSTT, which will be out 2008, they even told me about other cars scheduled for release in 2010. No mention of an RS3. They said it just wont sit within there product range... sorry

klauster said:
I was at Audi HQ only a couple of months ago, and I am afraid to say, but Audi have no intention to build the RS3. They have confirmed an RSTT, which will be out 2008, they even told me about other cars scheduled for release in 2010. No mention of an RS3. They said it just wont sit within there product range... sorry

Booooooo!! Puttin an downer on us all.....................

"Get him!!!"

Anyway, I would not believe them, you cannot trust these Germans you know......!! hahahahaha! :)