MIJ Exhaust fix up

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, ok so I went over to MIJ yesterday to see if changing the middle box section (behind the back box and after the sport cat) would help in reducing my droning noise. Ever since I got the powerflow exhaust it's been getting louder and louder especially when letting go of the gas and cruising the car. Anyway I met up with Maz at MIJ and within 1 1/2 hours the job was done. Very impressed with the quality of welding, much better than the powerflow one, and it's looks like the dogs balls (imo) lol. Anyway enjoy the pics, and a big thanks to Maz and his team at MIJ.

OldMij.jpg

OldMij2.jpg

The old pipe never had the same circumference throughout
Cut.jpg

Newmij.jpg

2 1/4" up to the backbox
Newmij2.jpg

Results: well the car doesn't sound as loud when I turn it on in the morning, droning has been significantly reduced, had to drive down from B'ham to London yesterday so had a really nice test and it sounds soo much better. I was even able to downshift to 4th and the noise was acceptable which is great for those short 80mph start sprints:blackrs4: . All in all I like the result, well worth the money, but there is still significant noise imo, compared to Maz's car mine sounds too loud, so in the end I might just change the back box together with a sport cat and D/P all from MIJ, excellent work quality and really decent bunch of guys :beerchug: