Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6

Status
    So whats the chance of me keeping up with a carrera4s? I no someone who's got one!

Xbox online id - supaed133

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Which year c4? If's it's like glens then if you are brilliant at launching then perhaps you would stay with him up to 110 then he would pull away.If it was in the twisties then you'd be left for dead i'm afraid.
    Beware the Standard Yellow Banana!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanc
    Which year c4? If's it's like glens then if you are brilliant at launching then perhaps you would stay with him up to 110 then he would pull away.If it was in the twisties then you'd be left for dead i'm afraid.
    05 plate i think, do they really handle alot better than a well set up s3 then?!!

5th Gear

Status
    yep,driver dependant though. You will have loads of fun in it at 1.7bar though.

Status
    Yea hope so! Should be a big difference over what it's running now! An extra 80bhp!

5th Gear

Status
    It's the torque you will notice,i had mine running flat out once,2 bar and it was like a rally car,popping and banging,compressor surge.turned it down to save the engine.

Status
    jeez! That must have been producing about 400bhp!!

5th Gear

Status
    nah ,the compressor wheel is quite small too be honest i don't believe the turbo can produce much more than 340/350 but what you do get is a bucket load of torque like a restricted rally car.still quick acceleration.

4th Gear

Status
    WRC cars are all restricted to 300 BHP i think so you will be making more power than them no problem

5th Gear

Status
    rally cars are resticted on the inlet to the compressor,they actually used vf34's on the group n scoobies.

Status
    glen,how are doing mate? Are you coming down to inters this year?
    I'm alright Ryan, thanks.
    I've just joined the heavy oil brigade...bought a Fabia vRS Ltd as an everyday scoot about...I was missing all the torque my treaked K04'd S3 had low down!

I can't make Inters this year..offshore I'm afraid.
    Maybe next year.

How's the new toy going?
    You mastered lift off oversteer induced lairy power slides?

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Status
    caney runs the same ihi kit as my old car,although high boost and 50 shot of nos thats why you got humped,good effort though.
    Heh-heh! Not a bad effort...as you say.
    1/4 mile stuff isn't really my scene...but it would have been rude not to...and give Cainey his due, he did ask if I wanted to go against someone else as I'd seen his previous times...but what's the sense in that?
    If I wanted a faster car off the line I'd have bought an Evo!

I know it gave a good few a chuckle seeing a 911 get humped by a TT...now, if only it could have been a 1/2 mile ann not a 1/4 mile...

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

thats me

Status
    wow ess your back where have you been hiding ????
    red to red black to black blue to bits

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ess_Three
    How's the new toy going?
    You mastered lift off oversteer induced lairy power slides?
    loving it mate,handling to go with the power for a change!
    As it's not my daily driver it seems to be the best choice per .

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_harris
    So whats the chance of me keeping up with a carrera4s? I no someone who's got one!
    Well, after driving Chris's S3 which is a very strong 330BHP, you have little chance if the road involves corners, braking etc..
    An S3 may be able to go as quick in a straight line..it will NEVER match a proper sportscar on the twisties if the driver can drive...Chris's is a fine car, and well set up...but it's just not as cohesive, it doesn't flow as well, and it's not as well balanced as a 911, for example.

I gave the owner of a DMS tweaked, 996 Turbo S a fright on the open road...to the point he called the dealer to complain his Turbo was broken...the Porsche dealership told me after reaslising from the description who's car he was referring to as being able to "keep up with him".
    A C4S is a very able car...and way out of an S3's league...

Although, I will concede that out of tight 30MPH corners, my old S3 (tweaked K04, 275 BHP / 330 lb-ft) was faster...up to about 70...but that was the only area I found the C4S struggled...and that was a K04'd S3...you just don't have that torque, that low down the rev band on a big turbo car, so the advantage is lost.

Please note:

5th Gear

Status
    Heh-heh! Not a bad effort...as you say.
    1/4 mile stuff isn't really my scene...but it would have been rude not to...and give Cainey his due, he did ask if I wanted to go against someone else as I'd seen his previous times...but what's the sense in that?
    If I wanted a faster car off the line I'd have bought an Evo!

I know it gave a good few a chuckle seeing a 911 get humped by a TT...now, if only it could have been a 1/2 mile ann not a 1/4 mile...
    you did well mate,nearly factory figures.The nos makes a big difference.....cheating.The gearing really sucks on s3's much prefer the evo 5 speed plus i have a feeling the s3 is heavier than the brochure states.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_harris
    05 plate i think, do they really handle alot better than a well set up s3 then?!!
    *Sarcastic mode on*
    No...that's why they keep winning Evo group tests, cost 2 1/2 times what an S3 does, has been sucessful for 40+ years etc...
    *Sarcastic mode off*

Honestly, mine was the best set up S3 I'd ever driven / been in...and it was eclipsed by a standard C4S.

Option a few of the nice options (sports suspension, lighter wheels, LSD) and the gap just widens.

You should drive one...then you'd know...

Please note:

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse
    wow ess your back where have you been hiding ????
    I've always been here...

Just laying low of late...the natives were talking of an uprising, what with me upsetting people every now and then...so I thought I'd lay low.

Been busy at home and at work too...

And than the new car purchase to research...another money pit ripe for modification...

Please note:

5th Gear

Status
    Although, I will concede that out of tight 30MPH corners, my old S3 (tweaked K04, 275 BHP / 330 lb-ft) was faster...up to about 70...but that was the only area I found the C4S struggled...and that was a K04'd S3...you just don't have that torque, that low down the rev band on a big turbo car, so the advantage is lost.
    thats the good thing about the evo 2.0 long stroke engine with twin scroll turbo thats actually bigger than a vf34/gt28rs as standard, spools so fast and i have the one with the titanium internals.You can run 1.7+bar straight out the box.Anyway back to audis......

Status
    loving it mate,handling to go with the power for a change!
    As it's not my daily driver it seems to be the best choice per .
    It's a 5 you've got, is it?
    Nice and raw!

The handling is immense..you can do silly things with it and it'll take it and come out the other side.

After that, you need to try an awkward car...one you have to have a healthy fear and respect of...like, say, a 911!!

Please note:

Status
    thats the good thing about the evo 2.0 long stroke engine with twin scroll turbo thats actually bigger than a vf34/gt28rs as standard, spools so fast and i have the one with the titanium internals.You can run 1.7+bar straight out the box.Anyway back to audis......
    A mate of mine had an FQ360 and it was almost surreal how much grunt that thing had low down...it would eat my C4S right up to the wrong side of 100...
    If I could keep it in sight (heh-heh..it was a few car lengths ahead...quite a few!) at 100 ish, then the 911 gets into it's stride and I'd pull him back only passing him at really silly speeds.

I could always get him on the brakes though...every time...seeing the rear end of the Evo slither and wag was quite amusing!

Please note:

5th Gear

Status
    like you said acceleration is awesome,it's not really built for the high end stuff but by that time hopefully your back on the twisties.It's leagues above the s3.now c4s vs evo thats a question.

Status
    now c4s vs evo thats a question.
    Well...I'd say that a re-mapped 4/5/6 or a later 300BHP + car round the likes of the 'ring, against a C4S, the better driver takes the 'win'.

On a twisty back road, I'd say the Evo would have the edge.

On a more open road, where higher speeds and braking are more important...probably the C4S shades it.

Either way, the Evo is the much easier car to drive fast...but in my mind, the 911 the more rewarding.

In outright speed...there is little between them....up to the point aerodynamics come into play big time - say 130MPH and above.

That's what I reckon anyway.

Please note:

5th Gear

Status
    yep i reckon your right ,top gear track times seem to confirm.Anyway it's like a revelation coming from the s3 handling but i guess i shouldn't be saying that.

Status
    Nah..it's OK.
    You can join my club...that'll be two of us who get abuse for criticising the S3's handling!

Please note:

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Totally LOL!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

5th Gear

Status
    The s3 is a good quick comfortable daily driver but when relating to proper sports car the word compromised comes to mind,in weight,handling/dynamics.
    A car closer to the original ur quattro would be better but we know who holds that crown now.

Andy

Status
    What's the thing with 0-60 anyway? It's not that accurate when trying to measure acceleration as it's down to gearing (for example if your car can only reach 50 in second gear then you're going to have to shift to get up to 3rd which will increase your 0-60 time. You could have an overall slower accelerating car that can hit 60 in second so the 0-60 time would actually be quicker). IMO 1/4 Mile Times are more accurate

5th Gear

Status
    Yep,circa 360bhp s3,sub 2s 60ft and 13.6? Any mildly tuned gtir/sti/evo can beat that.0-100 in 12 seconds ,m3 pace.ok for a lardy hatch i guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123