Considering selling S3: opinions on price

monkeytrousers

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of selling the S3. Just fancy a change really. It may come to nothing but it's been on my mind for a few weeks.

Brilliant black, facelift, 02 plate, 50,000 miles, was 225 but AMD remapped to 260. Uprated MTM clutch. 6CD Symphony (not Bose). No other mods. Excellent condition. 3 owners (including me). Full Audi service history on AVS.

I was thinking around £12,750. I'm not in a hurry to sell.

Would that be about right do you think?

Thanks.

Sound like a good price to me!

What are you thinking of getting next?

Maybe a bit on the dear side. Not sure on the current market, but I picked mine up for £12,800. 52 plate, 34,000 miles. Good spec on it, bose etc etc + £800 worth of Coilovers.

is it full leather......?

I reckon Bose adds about £150, full Leather £500 if heated, £350 if not, ally mirrors maybe £100, sunroof £350, armrest maybe £100. So depending on what yours has, compare to others and see if its about right.....?
You are proabbaly about right to start fof with, but be prepared for it goin for less than 12.....(eeek!). They have definately dropped a little since the new model was released.

ok, silly question I know and my car is probably the hardest to value ever...

2000 S3 (210bhp, pre-facelift) - 90,000 miles, new short engine (and sorted head) and turbo at AmD at 64,000 miles, new steering rack at 80,000 miles, new shocks, ARBs and springs everywhere most in the last 2000 miles. Full service history (and work) at either Audi (upto engine issue), AmD, Fontain or APS.

Interior in very good nick except drivers seat needs a clean - will look very good before I advertise (if I do), exterior in good condition although the front and rear bumpers will be re-sprayed before sale so it'll be 95% as new (due to stone chips and ********* in carparks).

Modification wise it's got - facelift badges front and rear, facelift rear lights, powerflex bushes pretty much everywhere.

Spec is - Imola yellow, yellow alcantara, alu wing mirrors, cd changer, heated seats, diming rear view mirror (was that standard, can't remember), think that's about it.

Everything works and drives like a new car (and won't have an emmissions issue). 11 months MOT.

Ideas / pisstakes welcome :think:

Cheers,

Ben.

you got any pics mines got yellow alcantra, sounds the same as yours, mines only got 45000miles, brought it 3 months ago for £11200, also had new audi s8 wheels if that helps?!

It has full leather, original aluminum mirrors, that's it in terms of extras I think.

I'm going self-employed next month and I'm thinking of a new or nearly new car with lots of warranty left, to avoid unexpected bills.

I like the VAG 2.0TDI engine. Even the 140BHP is fun to drive, and they do a 170BHP which must be a blast. Obviously not a performance engine but economical and surprisingly quick. Don't laugh but I like the new shape VW Passat. Also consider an A4. I want a bigger car than a Golf or A3.

edward_harris said:
you got any pics mines got yellow alcantra, sounds the same as yours, mines only got 45000miles, brought it 3 months ago for £11200, also had new audi s8 wheels if that helps?!

Click the link below for pics of mine.

I reckon you have it about right for the advert and if you can get close to 12 for it, you will have done pretty well I think. BUt then you have to ask yourself what you'll get for that sort of money to replace it.......????

simch said:
I reckon you have it about right for the advert and if you can get close to 12 for it, you will have done pretty well I think. BUt then you have to ask yourself what you'll get for that sort of money to replace it.......????

I'd put a few thou towards the next car on top though. Not necessarily after a performance car next, just a newer lower miler or new quality motor. Keen to stay with VW or Audi though.

seems a shame to sell a car and then spend more if you are settin up on your own!!

You know you'll regret it!

simch said:
seems a shame to sell a car and then spend more if you are settin up on your own!!

You know you'll regret it!

You're right. That's why I'm not certain and am just getting a feel for price etc. I just need to know my outgoings are so I can budget accurately and don't want to get stung for a big unexpected repair (not that I'm aware of anything about to go wrong).

But if I'm prepared to put a few thou into a new car I could always save it and use it for S3 maintainance. Hmmmmm ...... probably just answered my own question.

I think the new Passat is really nice. I drove one a few weeks ago and its really good to drive, does feel alot bigger than the old model but handles well. I drove the 2.0 140 tdi and it went when you put your foot down. THe 170 does 60 in about 8.6 so still quick. My mate paid 14000 for a 55reg, bit to much for me but he loves it and he can fit all his helicopters in the back (model ones of course).

If I had 12k I'd by your car.