anyone work out why this is so cheap?

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200701103325010

seems to be just what im after but the price is putting me off!

Am i missing something or could this be a geniune good deal.

does /2 leatehr seats mean it as the alacantra (sp) bits up the middle?

Spose i'll have to enquire about hpi, tax, mot an that might bring something up.

Other than the website it quotes looking like a 5yr olds done it an do contact details or any other info other than car pics

any help would be great!

dont even know where the garage is, autotrader says its 187miles from edinburgh but it always works out longer than that. dont wanna trek down an find out its a bit of crap, or worse buy it then find out!

MAy just be realistically priced! It is 6 -7 years old now, the hald leather is not that desirable I am afraid, (not with the garish blue alcantara!) and whilst it has bose and chrome mirrors, these could be aftermarket addistions, (ntot hat it makes too much diff). Also, if it is an import, it could knock say 400 quid off.....?
I got my 53 plat 44k mint black S3 before xmas with sunroof (import) FASH, full leathers bose, cruise and it was lass than £13k. So, this one is maybe not so good a spec, 3 or 4 years older, 20k more miles.......you can sort of see its maybe not THAT cheap and it does say OVNO.
Worth checking it out though I reckon if you liek the spec.
BUT i found on autotrader, some advertisers take the pxxs and advertise for an attrative price, then when you call its , oh there's an error on the list, its actually £1000 more.......
had that twice when looking for dealers S3's I thinki they do it to stand outform all the others!!

Y reg was March-September 2001 so it's nearly 6 years old.

Problem is you can't tell what condition it's in from that advert. I know it says "exc cond" but one man's excellent is another man's poor. The picture is very small.

I think it's worth looking into further, from that advert there's nothing to say it's anything other than just a good deal.

here is a slightly bigger pic

i138787218_19550_5.jpg

dont waste your time i went to view this car it is near sheffiled . what a mess its been lowered all the wheels are damaged theres a rip in the roof lineing inside one fog light only works the center arm rest top is missing seat are dead tatty inside , battiery cover under bonnet missing mark all on body it is hard to belive cos i had the same picture and rushed to see it because i thought it was a minter oh yer and its got lexus rear light not my thing at all it was one of the worst s3 i have ever been to view this is no lie !!!! dont wast your time mate honestly

stus32007 said:
dont waste your time i went to view this car it is near sheffiled . what a mess its been lowered all the wheels are damaged theres a rip in the roof lineing inside one fog light only works the center arm rest top is missing seat are dead tatty inside , battiery cover under bonnet missing mark all on body it is hard to belive cos i had the same picture and rushed to see it because i thought it was a minter oh yer and its got lexus rear light not my thing at all it was one of the worst s3 i have ever been to view this is no lie !!!! dont wast your time mate honestly

cheers. i thot it was to good to be true. lexus rear lights!!! LOL.

thank **** i didnt head down an see it, would of been right biatch of a journey back up on the train.

just hope its not a minter an ur putting me off the scent :laugh:

from that pic, u can tell its been lowered a bit too much an the wheels dont look mint.

guy says he is really busy an i asked him to get me some mre pics so i'll let him scurry round for them hehe.

thanks again for saving a. trainfare, b. time an c. AA/RAC vechicle check money!!

on point c, do many people get these done??

not trying to put you off mate i bought this one below i live in manchester and went all the way to great yarmouth for it . been looking for one for months seen load of dogs bit this one was a minter was well worth travelling for i alway hpi my cars before i buy them happy hunting but trust me that car is bad i got a proper minter just hold out and you will find one took me 3 months tho check piston heads and trader everyweek

66,400 miles

Ming Blue Audi S3 Quattro 66'400 miles, in mint condition new baby means reluctant sale.

Full Audi service history,2001 y reg,face lift model, with Black leather recaro seats, e/w, e/m climate and air-con, p/a/s, twin airbags, R/C/L and alarm, immobiliser, traction control (switchable), quattro four wheel drive, 6 speed manual, xenon headlights with headlamp washers, 4 new goodyear f1's excellent condition fitted 6 months ago, hpi clear. well maintained regardless of cost. Optional extras include a Bose sound system, Audi Concert head-unit with CD changer located in the boot. Drivers armrest. NEW Aero Wipers recently fitted a month ago. 6 months tax, 7 months MOT. No upgrades car is just like it has come from the factory.

£9500 ovno