s3 strainge clicking noise help !!!!!!!!

stus32007

Reaction score
hi i bought a face lift s3 last month and its great best car i have had so far . The only problem is every time i turn my indicator off it still makes the clicking noise not for long tho i was told it might be the hazord switch so i replaced that and it is still doing it could it be the stalk or a relay someware please help it driveing me mad and i dont fance takeing it to audi any help would be great

yes the stalk! spray the stalk with contact cleaner available from halfrauds and good car spare shop,guarantee to cure the problem,did this on a 02 passat last week,100% cured :thumbsup:

great thanks for that are they easy to take the stalk off ?

tryed that stick makeing the clicking dose it need a new stalk do you think

spray the stalk and after a day or so it should stop clicking,if it dont best is to replace hazard switch,if not then stalk,but it does only need cleaning. take the surround off the steering column and stalk will slide upwards and off.

went to work today and stripped the stalk down sprayed and cleaned it with contact spay put it all back together and it mint the hazord switch also needed changeing because of the relay being broke clicking like mad but the new one made a very nasty crackling noise when fitted did what you said and the noise has gone it had been driveing me mad

:thumbsup: big thanks for the help vw754 saved me money from the stealers thank for takeing the timeout to help me with my problem

does the stalk have to be removed or can you just spray into the steering colum where the stalk begins