Nogaro blue vs VW golf mk4 colour - is it same ??

Pheedbak

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im trying to decide on colours for an S3. Which is its usual nightmare.... is the negaro blue the same colour as the one used on VW golfs. Its a really pastelly looking sort of colour cos ive seen photos of it looking quiet dark blue (which maybe the light the photo was taken in). Oh and what does pearl effect make a difference in presumably colour ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) but does it make it darker with pearl or without.

Thanks

Phil

ps. if anyones can point me to photos of s3 in nogaro with and without pearl effect id be very grateful ...

Oh and hello all thanks for all the S3 info ive been trawling through!!!

ahh, Nogaro blue, the only way to go!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

take a look at noodle's gallery, he has a noggy blue S3 with Alu mirrors, Looks the biz (IMO). not sure if it is pearl tho.

with regards to the golf colour, its called Jazz Blue i think. i have wondered myself a few times whether it is the same as the audi colour, any ideas anyone?

Adam

thats the one Jazz blue ... is the audi colour "nogaro blue" or "nogaro blue metallic" ? are there 2 negaro blues ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh and whats alcantara like in these cars ive never seen it but i didnt like it in others .. any interior piccys with alc. please

Thanks

Phil

IIRC the original Nogaro blue was on the RS2 which is different from the Noggy S3s it has no pearl effect whereas the S3 is really metallicy (is that a word)
The blue alcantara seats are the only way to go with this colour imho you dont slide about and it doesnt give you frostbite when you get into it on a cold morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Pheedbak said:
Hello all,

Im trying to decide on colours for an S3. Which is its usual nightmare.... is the negaro blue the same colour as the one used on VW golfs. Its a really pastelly looking sort of colour cos ive seen photos of it looking quiet dark blue (which maybe the light the photo was taken in). Oh and what does pearl effect make a difference in presumably colour ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) but does it make it darker with pearl or without.

Thanks

Phil

ps. if anyones can point me to photos of s3 in nogaro with and without pearl effect id be very grateful ...

Oh and hello all thanks for all the S3 info ive been trawling through!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jazz blue is slightly different to Nogaro... sligfhtly purple in comparison.

IIRC Nogaro is not metallic!

Rich

Wot does IIRC mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Adam

Right, this is what i've found out...

Nogaro Blue (not Negaro or Nagaro) is a pearl effect blue...not as metal flakey / matallic looking as a proper metallic.
It consists of a base coat and a lacquer, of which only the outer panels are lacquered...under the bonnet is not.

They are all the same, Nogaro is Nogaro...always has been...and although some say it's a different colour to RS Sports Blue used on the old RS2's, I can't see any differences.

VW Jazz blue is also a pearl look colour...
I am led to believe (not officially confirmed) that the base coat for Jazz and Nogaro are the same colour of blue...but Nogaro has a blue tinted pearl lacquer, whereas Jazz blue does not.

Look at them together in dull light and they look the same, do the same in bright light and they differ slightly - Nogaro looke deeper and flips between more colours than Jazz.

Here's Nogaro:
10220091-1afc-02000180-.jpg

and Nogaro next to Jazz:
25650719-a90f-020000D5-.jpg

Nice pics Ess Three /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thats just wot i want when i grow up! Need to start saving the pennies tho. And wait til im 25 to be able to afford the insurance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Adam

Whenever ive seen a golf in that colour it always looked very flat, but when you see a nogaro S3 it always seems to stand out, so deep in colour especially when sunny and gives a certain WOW factor that the Golf just doesnt seem to have.

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
NWMark said:
Whenever ive seen a golf in that colour it always looked very flat, but when you see a nogaro S3 it always seems to stand out, so deep in colour especially when sunny and gives a certain WOW factor that the Golf just doesnt seem to have.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

U can probably tell i like this colour a little bit.

nogaro blue it is then thanks for all the responses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phil