A3 Quattro Sport Tuning

ANDYTQ

Reaction score
Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Just purchased car ,any ideas to modifiy ,car is a 180 non vvt 2000 model.Already thinking of TT alloys cause they are cheap to buy and have clearance for bigger brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

Nice purchase. You could chip it, change the DV, go for green stuff pads, put in silverfusion bulbs, bung on a S3 spoiler, latch on the RS4 kit for the front and rear (like rich, change the gearknob to alu, sort out the sound system, got for the RSTT 9 spokes, get it lowered..the list is endless, or depends on how deep are your pockets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh so many options depending on what you're looking for.

Want to keep it sutle ,as car is a met black 5 dr ,so thinking set Audi 17" rims TT or S3,front valance,exhaust S3? and more power.Happy with handling , don't want a hard ride been there too many times before tried all kits .Just want a nice not flashy car ,with enough grunt to surprise people.Maybe put bigger brakes on for extra confidence,but mainly i want a factory type look.For extra grunt i was thinking chip ,forge dv ,exhaust,modded filter box and panel filter.Maybe later a larger/more efficent intercooler.How much would a front valance cost . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy <font color="blue"> </font>

Ah ha, sounds like you're aiming at the same as most of us on here. I would take a look at the galleries for subtle mods, and mine has basically what you're trying to acheive.....I think. It seems like you're going down the right road on the tuning side, lots of chips around so do your homework before deciding on one, if you need a list of the major tuners let me know and I'll stick my now famous list. On the exhaust, the S3 one will not directly fit as Drill is currently finding out, and I would suggest a complete system if your budget will stretch, as it does seem to offer good improvements on the A3's, unlike on the S3. As for DV,well the aftermarket piston type DV's are definately more realiable than the standard unit, but whether the difference in price really offsets the gains is another thing. The standard diagphram type reacts quicker than the piston versions, but expect to replace it occasionally.

That's all for the moment as my hand is aching from typing this on my PDA, and I really should be paying attention to the meeting i'm in.