APR Chip Enquiry

JamS3

Reaction score
Iv'e finally decided on APR to be the one to chip my 2001 210bhp S3 but I'm a bit confused....

Looking at Awesome Gti's website it states that the maximum bhp will be 262bhp for APR

On Star Performances website it states 250bhp

And on the performance graph forum on this site a standard 210bhp S3 chipped with APR gives out.....wait for it.....279bhp...at Star Performance!!!

Now this has me confused cause shouldn't the same chip give the same results? I know 2-4 bhp here or there is nothing but from 250bhp to 279bhp from the same chip???

Any ideas?

Sounds a bit odd - I've seen the same manufacturer's chip vary by 5-10bhp - maybe phone Awesome and see what they say?

The graphs will be from cars with other additional modifications. I've been talking with Awesome about getting my car modded (going in on the 17th) and chip alone will take you to about 250bhp, maybe a few more. With the full set of modifications I am looking at it should be over 275 when they finish, maybe as high as 285.

I picked Awesome because they were fairly local to me and priced in line with most other companies. Speaking to the guys they seem very helpful, and I met them at the recent Audi Driver day. I also went for a ride in their modified TT which was delivering 285bhp. Oh. My. God. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Dan

Milltek Exhaust, Milltek Free-flow cat, Power Gasket (helps the turbo keep cooler). Plus a new DV, Pagid brakes/pads and Bilstien dampers to to keep me on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

when i had mine done at awesome said it can give more but they havent had people come back saying they have had less. maybe star performance are covering there selfs saying wont be under 250bhp

Also, the higher power outputs are likely to be for the Optimax program, whilst the lower outputs might be for programs that can use 95 RON?

Dan