Aftermarket parts shared

Daniel Vzla

Reaction score
Guys,

As you may know, i'm from Venezuela in Latin America, getting good aftermarket parts for the A3 8l is really dificult since here they import parts from the US, but is very easy to find Golf GTI MKIV aftermarket parts, so i was wondering since is the same engine type, wich parts will fit my next to be bought A3:blackrs4: , intakes, pulleys, exhaust perhaps, and may be some suspension pieces too?

Thank you for your answers, and please forgive me any miss typing english is my third language

Any engine parts I would say would be the same providing that you have the same engine code as the Golf that you are using parts from. Chassis related parts such as shocks, exhausts, etc, I would'nt think they would be the same.

ok, and what about the turbo, if i change the k03 for the k03s do i need anything else, or just the turbine? perhaps a FMIC?

Look for a 1JO part number from your car and it will mean that your car is sharing the same knickers as a golf. Double check on the website for ETKA.

A3 chasis and suspension is the same as Golf 4 (1.8T)

For engine stuff, A3(150bhp) is the same as Golf 4 (150bhp). Engine code is AGU. But I think AGUs where never sold in EEUU...

Me latinamerica too :)

And do you know if i change k03 to k03s, stock by stock, i'll get the 180 hp? or do i have to do a remap, change something else?

hmmmm i see, so the best mods right off the store are remmaping, dv,CAI right and boost gauge, or changing the turbo will be a good investment? or there is something else? i don't want to change the exhaust because i've read that stock is fairly good and don't want the noise