URGENT HELP needed, fault on dash!!

Booth_S4

Riding on V8 power
Reaction score
sensor.jpg

Can anybody shed any light on what this may be? Ive only just recently had a service so id be suprised if i was low on oil, ive just been out and checked and it seems fine, thing is ive gotta pick dad up from airport 2nite and dont wanna screw my car up by drivng it!

Thanks in advance
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/Booths_gti180/sensor.jpg

reckon it will be ok to drive?

it flashed up a few times before but i just turned of the engine, fired it back up again and it disappeared, said OK.

But now its on all the time! may have a trip to stealers in the morning

Booth_S3 said:
reckon it will be ok to drive?

it flashed up a few times before but i just turned of the engine, fired it back up again and it disappeared, said OK.

But now its on all the time! may have a trip to stealers in the morning

check the oil, if all is ok then i dont see why not, also make sure your heaters are blowing hot air on idle.....

Defo go to the dealers in the morning, or get 1 very helpful local, to run VAG-com tonight for you :icon_thumright:

Darthvader said:
check the oil, if all is ok then i dont see why not, also make sure your heaters are blowing hot air on idle.....

Defo go to the dealers in the morning, or get 1 very helpful local, to run VAG-com tonight for you :icon_thumright:

What would that mean if they aint? thanks for your help mate, dont know anyone local tbh :(

if they are cold, then there is a blockage in the system or a failing headgasket, other symtoms are the temp gauge shooting up... I wouldnt worry about this, as i dont think thats your problem..

I honestly think it's just a dodgy sensor, as they seem to be the only thing that is consistently temperamental on the Audi's...

The oil sensor is mounted under the car on the sump. See if you can get under it and check the connection. It ight just be dry/loose. Failing that i would try the dealers first thing in the morning just to be safe.

Right, the light went out last night before i had to go to the airport, i picked up a bottle of oil just in case thought!

When i got home i check in the manual and its a faulty oil level sensor. Popped in to the stealers today that wanted to get my car in a VAG COM it at £60, never! I just asked how much a new sensor and labour would be. They quoted me £120 does this sound reasonable or am i best sourcing the part myself and fittind it DIY.

Or shall i just leave it? Do you need and oil level sensor?

thanks

Its a easy enough job to do if its the same as a A3.

Just drain the oil (filter should be ok if its just been serviced)
disconnect the plug on the senser,
undo the three bolts,
replace with new senser,
connect up senser and fill oil back up.:thumbsup:

Like Mo-S3 said the senser is mounted on the bottom of the sump.