ICE install whistle

QUATTRO_REP

Diesel Power!
Reaction score
Hi all and happy new Year!!:thumbsup: :o.k:

Jus a quick question, just fitted an amp and sub to the OE headunit in my A3 using the original loom from the crappy sub, just i get an annoying whistle thro the speakers now when any other electrical stuff is on, and is linked to the engine revs, so prob gettin interferiace from the electrical system some where.
any ideas? soloutions?

Cheers

Maybe try just putting better insulation round the audio cables?

You might need a ground loop isolator to cut out the interferance. But what did you mean by the original loom from the sub?

Check the earth on the subwoofer is a nice clean contact, I had the alternator whine when I had my Andymac stealth sub fitted, so had a ground loop isolator fitted which cured my problem.

might be the grounding, i jus screwed it onto an exsisting bolt and didnt bother sanding away any paint.
by the original loom i mean from the OE Sub, the pre-outs from the old sub is a simple plug conector that andymac gave us the pin out diagram. which was very usefull. i used the pre outs to drive the new amp.i used to drive my new amp.
where can i get a ground loop isolator from?

QUATTRO_REP said:
where can i get a ground loop isolator from?

I got mine from Halfords for around 12 quid, it goes onto the pre-out jacks on the amp side, any decent Audio store should stock this item.

cheers mate, i'll have to go get one. just googled it and sounds like whats happening.