Remap question

Tequie

Reaction score
Is a remap the same as buying a chip from ebay? If so, what should I look out for? Or do I have to take it to an Audi service centre where they have the software to hook up to my car and remap the ECU? In that case, what exactly do they do? I dont necesserally need more power, I would just lik to change the turbo kick in/out points. I'm used to my Honda where the higher the revs the more power it would produce. This car is the opposite, the turbo boost is full on at low revs to about 5k rpm then pretty much starves until the redline at 6k. Is something like this possible? Lastly what is involved in getting the software and doing this sort of thing myself?

Leave remap for remapers...
That behavior is just the way a turbocharged engine works. Hondas are naturally aspirated. Though you should feel more power at high rpms, check your turbo system hoses for any air leak. An MBC or EBC could also help you maintain boost pressure at high rpms a bit more by delaying wastegate openning. But its recommended first remap. Do it, you wont regret!